Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloomberg has spent $350 million on his campaign so far and he's not even leading the Democrats for their party nomination. Isn't that more than Trump spent against Hillary?

Ironic Article talking about Bloomberg spending at Bloomberg.com
why isn't it a conflict of interest to own media and run?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-12/political-ad-spending-on-pace-for-record-in-tight-contest

According to Advertising Analytics, Bloomberg has spent $260 million on broadcast TV, $24 million on cable, $9 million on radio and $64 million on digital, for a total of $357 million.
The news today mentioned he's spending ~$38/min so far.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Bloomberg has spent $350 million on his campaign so far and he's not even leading the Democrats for their party nomination. Isn't that more than Trump spent against Hillary?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-spending-on-pace-for-record-in-tight-contest

One thing's for sure ... I'm already sick of seeing his ads every time I try to watch YouTube after work. What a pest!!

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
He's very susceptible to low blows. Get it? Cause he's really short, like 12 year old kid short.
Also, he's probably not good at basketball but I have yet to confirm that.

Reminds me a bit of Hank Hill's dad, Cotton Hill:

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bloomberg does have a height problem. People gravitate to taller leaders and superficial things. The first debate with Bloomberg would highlight the height difference. Especially if they show him getting up and down off a box.

Buttegigythingabobber has the same problem. Nobody wants to say is last name. A horrible last name for a gay man that nobody can pronounce. Even his campaign runs it as Mayor Pete.

If Bloomberg wins you'll have 2 old billionaires running against each other. One was a Democrat that turned Republican, the other a Dem that turned Republican, then Independent, than Democrat. Given the choice people will likely pick the taller brash wishy-washy incumbent over the brash wishy-washy totalitarian in charge of stop and frisk and banning soda sizes.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/weekly-standard/michael-bloomberg-switches-to-democratic-party-ahead-of-possible-2020-presidential-campaign

But the guy is spending money like crazy and hasn't even gotten through the easier part of beating some of the pathetic Dems running.

If Pete wins he'll probably add Klobuchar as a running mate and nobody will be able to pronounce the tongue twister of a ticket.

·
Banned
6,384 Posts
I'll be sure to never waste time talking to InOmaha in any helpful manner, he assesses your information based on your height.

Imagine that criteria.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be sure to never waste time talking to InOmaha in any helpful manner, he assesses your information based on your height.

Imagine that criteria.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Not me, everybody. But you don't have to be tall only taller. Being over 6 ft tall likely helps though as the average height of people in the US increased over the centuries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heights_of_presidents_and_presidential_candidates_of_the_United_States

There is more data if the relationship of electoral success to height difference starts from the year 1900, rather than from the beginning of televised debates. In the thirty presidential elections between 1900 and 2016, twenty of the winning candidates have been taller than their opponents, while nine have been shorter, and one was the same height. On average the winner was 1.0 inch (2.5 cm) taller than the loser.
I think a noticeable height difference would be an advantage. They also don't compare the height of candidates in the primaries to see if the statistically taller people make it to the party ticket more often.

Oddly enough, around 1/2 the presidents have been left handed too even though lefties aren't nearly that high of a percentage in the general population.

We appear to favor males too. :D:

·
Registered
3,931 Posts

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-12/political-ad-spending-on-pace-for-record-in-tight-contest

Is that money he got from his the cracks of his couches.

I don't think its a conflict of interest because he isn't in office.

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,694 Posts

One would think there must be some in-kind campaign finance issues with owning a media company and running for office. I digress.

Looks like Bloomberg is going to lose a LOT of money in 2020. He's at $350,000,000 and not even got 1 delegate to my knowledge, and not campaigning much yet.

By contrast, Hillary raised and spent about 1 BILLION in her 2016 run, and Trump raised and spent about $500 million for his entire campaign.

Bloomberg hasn't had a debate, scored a delegate, or been on the campaign trail yet...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts