Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No longer a haven for investors, dollar drops on interest rate drop, Get ready for a "devaluation", ie deflation, etc........12/18 money rates critical

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
i wonder how many one dollar bills it takes to heat my house using a wood burning stove.
and on a side note how many ones could i get for a 10# bag o my garden grown taters in a year?

·
Registered
503 Posts
On dec 9th the treasury Auction 23bn in T bills and they sold at a realized rate of 0.19 percent for a three month bill. That is statistically so close to par that it only pays for large investors to put money into them. At the last auction they where some where in the range of 2% that was three months ago. Now I am not an economist but I was told by my local bank branch manager that this could cause a large devaluation in march when these bills are cashed in. Due to the fact that nobody will be buying them because there in no money to be made. So like I said I am not an expert in his area so I am wondering what others out there think?
Also I read today that Deutsche Bank is not going to pay off one of there hybrid-capital bonds in order to preserve there cash position this means they will have to pay intrest on it at I think it is 2.9% on 1.4 billion dollars. When I see a bank that is trying to preserve capital I am thinking that they are hunkering down for a long cold resecion / depresion makes me think that they know something the rest of us only suspect. What do you all think?

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Yer, saw it on the media here last night.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts