Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone was going to start blogging, can you suggest a safe site that hosts blogs. I understand that some hosts are more secure then others.

Please feel free to offer your thoughts and experience with reading or posting to blogs.

Thanks.

·
Possum Lover
15,309 Posts
Blogger. I have had them for over 13 years.

I get about 22K hits a month, from all over. I have a following in Norway. I also ended up with a stalker so be careful about OPSEC.

Blogger is super easy to manage and very secure. They do have TOS so read that before you start posting.

Reactions: 6.8SPC

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blogger. I have had them for over 13 years.

I get about 22K hits a month, from all over. I have a following in Norway. I also ended up with a stalker so be careful about OPSEC.

Blogger is super easy to manage and very secure. They do have TOS so read that before you start posting.
Thanks......appreciate the input. Is security from hackers an issue....???

·
Possum Lover
15,309 Posts
I've never been hacked but I have a pretty good password.

UpPer1and:[email protected] if you get the idea.

The worst problem I have had is trolls, *******s trying to tell me how to live my life. When I didn't listen one reported me to adult protective services which has been LOADS of fun :rolleyes:.

That said I do overshare and am very open about my life. I stupidly put up Youtube videos I took which enabled them to get my full name and then use that to get my address and file the report.

But some of them have been awesome you will just have to see for yourself. DO moderate comments or you will have spammers putting up links for everything.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're going to blog then maybe you should learn the difference between 'then' and 'than'.
Thanks........However I'll leave that to those of my readership who are sanctimonious, condescending and fraught with righteous indignation. There seems to be an abundance of those with little better to do with their time.......:thumb:

Rather then be weighted down with chicken poop obsessions.....I'll concentrate on creativity. There seems to be a shortage of that.

·
Possum Lover
15,309 Posts
That is actually a really good example of why I turned off comments. :rofl: :rofl:

·
Possum Lover
15,309 Posts
I do recommend Blogger if you want you can "monetize" it and they will give you ad revenue, sort of like the board. I haven't done that but I have a link in my profile you can look and see what you think. Setting it up is pretty easy, I think, you can always change settings.

I have been happy enough I haven't looked at other sites. And they make money off the cookies and tracking people.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This would not be for making money. It would be for recording events that I have been part of. Does not much matter if anyone reads it. I should have written a book many years ago, about my five decades of Alaska adventures. Now I am old, and don't much care, but some of it should be recorded, for reference if no other application.

·
Possum Lover
15,309 Posts
Oh, that would be interesting.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Yes........I have done some blogging, and quickly learned the value of being in control of "Comments ON" or "Comments OFF".
If you want to control the content you have to "own" the forum, or at least have control of it.

Some want to live in echo chambers where the only thoughts they hear are their own.

Others prefer to hear the truth.

·
Possum Lover
15,309 Posts
Some people don't want stalker snitches trying to wreck their lives. :mad:

I was FINE with comments to that point, event the nasty ones.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts