Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has come to our attention that some people have been posting or wanting to post threads saying it is open to only certain folks and asking others to not post in it if they don't meet certain requirements.

This is not how it works here. We want open discussions and hopefully people learning and sharing information with everyone.

IF you have a thread you want to post that you want for only specific people to reply to, post about it in the Grievance & Security Section first and we will discuss it with you and if the Staff decides to allow it we will let you know.

This does not apply to the religious section. In that section if a member is wanting to discuss the merits or whatever about a specific denomination

The rule for the religious section is as follows...
If a thread is designated in the title or the opening post as pertaining to only one belief system, that request will be honored in this section.

So, if a thread says , 'Christians only', 'Jewish Only', etc. people of those faiths will be the only ones who can legitimately respond.

As a note, You may not, by the nature of limiting responses to a particular belief system, post a 'Certain religion only' thread for a belief system that is not yours. If you limit yourself out of the thread, you cannot post the thread to start with. If you want to discuss thoughts with the entire group, do not limit the thread.
The same goes for putting the words 'official' or 'unofficial' or 'ALL threads merged' etc... in the title of a thread. The mods will add those to the title of a thread if we think it applies.

You can find the Greivance and Security Section here https://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

Any threads made in the G&S section can only be viewed by the Mods, Staff, Admin and the person making the thread. No other members will be able to see it.

·
Possum Lover
15,344 Posts
I didn't know that, interesting. :)

·
Super Moderator
23,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally, I'd like to limit participation in my threads to folks with an IQ above 40, who have genuine knowledge of any subject they wish to preach about, and who will take the time to answer honest questions without being insulting or demeaning.
Oh no... I ain’t runnin around checkin IQ’s.... some of these people scare me

·
Super Moderator
23,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about opening the On Sale Deal of the Day thread to limited discussion?

https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=151744&page=248

Seems like a double standard.
Nope... then we would have to define 'limited' because someone would think their 4 paragraph review of something someone else posted a link to was 'limited' and then someone else would post a five page rebuttal... the purpose of that thread is so people who are busy can just pop by and check the latest links to see if there is something they have been looking for on sale somewhere and not have to read through a bunch of posts to find the deals.

If you want to discuss something you see in that thread, start a new thread in the Disaster Preparedness General Discussion section and either ask about the product you saw or post your comments about it. People wanting to discuss it will see the new thread and discuss it without messing up the deals thread.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Nope... then we would have to define 'limited' because someone would think their 4 paragraph review of something someone else posted a link to was 'limited' and then someone else would post a five page rebuttal... the purpose of that thread is so people who are busy can just pop by and check the latest links to see if there is something they have been looking for on sale somewhere and not have to read through a bunch of posts to find the deals.

If you want to discuss something you see in that thread, start a new thread in the Disaster Preparedness General Discussion section and either ask about the product you saw or post your comments about it. People wanting to discuss it will see the new thread and discuss it without messing up the deals thread.
I'll go with your idea of starting a new thread.
There has been some absolute garbage (counterfeits etc) posted in that deal of the day thread. Some of which needs to be called to light.

·
Possum Lover
15,344 Posts
I don't envy you guys one bit.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I think chicken nugget Tuesday is an excellent idea
I don't know, it depends on which nuggets we're talking about.

If we're talking about the old McDonald's nuggets when they used dark meat of some sort, then heck yeah. Those were the best. I could talk about those every Tuesday (along with tacos).

All these pure white chicken meat nuggets suck. I like a bit of mystery and flavor in my food.

·
Super Moderator
CRAP CREEK SURVIVOR
2,267 Posts
I don't envy you guys one bit.
Haha...sometimes the calendar looks like this: there's one for each new day!

https://giphy.com/search/frustrated

'taint all bad, though. I have discovered that banging my head against the wall burns 200 calories per hour.

And besides, there ARE some days where the good far outweighs the bad.

·
Possum Lover
15,344 Posts
Too bad you can't get the frustrated head banging into a wall emoji - it was :frusty: on Rapture ready back when they had a board. I LOVED that emoji not sure what that says about my life. :rofl:

What I like lately are very clear policies, like this, and in the new vaccine thread. This is what we will tolerate and this is what we won't. I do better like that. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts