Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to introduce you to a new stainless steel 32oz bottle that I feel is an inexpensive, more universal alternative to bottles like Pathfinder, Klean Kanteen, Guyot, and CanteenShop. The biggest difference with our bottle is our lid is not proprietary; it's a standard 63mm that will fit most aftermarket lids and products designed for Nalgene-type bottles.

For more information, check out our video on YouTube

To order a Blackthorn Bottle, go to Trekker Outdoors

·
reluctant sinner
17,913 Posts
$25 seems like fare price. I made it to the 5 minute mark of your vid. IMHO boiling water does not purify it, sterilize it for most bugs/germs etc. yes. 30 minutes about a can is verbose.

You should strongly consider becoming a merchant on this site. It would go along way with your credibility.

·
Registered
543 Posts
This is a great product. Highly superior to it's competition. And right up everyone's alley on this forum.

I don't know this guy. Just know the product. And it's a winner.

Patrick

·
Registered
543 Posts
Here are the features. Read thru them carefully before you make up your mind. It's a great product.

Features:

18/8 Stainless with no liner to absorb smells and tastes
Lightweight (7oz) yet rugged, won't crack like Lexan bottles
63mm threads fit many aftermarket lids and accessories for Nalgene-type bottles
32oz - easy to use with water purification tablets (no math involved!)
Outside dimensions are similar to Nalgene-type bottles - fits most carriers, bags, and sleeves

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$25 seems like fare price. I made it to the 5 minute mark of your vid. IMHO boiling water does not purify it, sterilize it for most bugs/germs etc. yes. 30 minutes about a can is verbose.

You should strongly consider becoming a merchant on this site. It would go along way with your credibility.
I agree that the video is too long; I will be shooting a shorter one. I do know the difference between sterilizing and purifying, just got tongue tied. It's not like we're reading from a script. I'm plenty legit as a merchant, but I have considered advertising here. :) There's always a certain amount of distrust in the survival/prepping community for merchants, because many of them are really slimy and don't even know or use their own products or subscribe to our way of life.

·
reluctant sinner
17,913 Posts
I looked at your stuff. I like what I saw. I was just offering an opinion. It doesn't need to be a slick marketing vid with the name repeated 5 times and hawked by Billy Mays. Perhaps show some other lids. For example is there one that has a sealed drinking tube that could connect to an issue gas mask? I would have gladly bought your setup to use instead of the issue plastic quart canteen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've tried dozens of lids on our Blackthorn Bottle; I'll try to get more of them on the website or in a video. Pretty much everything that will screw onto 63mm Nalgene-type threads will fit on our bottle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts