Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Sydney Morning Herald:

Sleep-deprived Sydney residents might not like being buzzed by low-flying Black Hawk helicopters, but they had better get used to it.

Smh.com.au readers have complained about the choppers' noise as they carried out counter-terrorism training over the city this week.

The Black Hawks flew three days of night and day missions across inner and northern Sydney, ending about midnight last night.

More:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/black-hawks-quiet-down/2007/02/22/1171733903115.html

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
We have had similar military navex training flights in our area night and day for years.
I'd rather have experienced pilots flying over my house than some amatuer.

Having been a front seater myself, navigating for the pilot in unfamiliar hostile environment, I know just how important training is.

On the other hand, if it was a real time situation, terrorist or deployment for civil unrest, the noise and loss of sleep will be the least of their problems.

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, likewise I don't have a problem with the missions, in fact I'm glad they're doing it. :thumb: I'm not trying to say anything in particular, just thought it was news-worthy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts