Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 years back I started buying Black Powder Reproduction Pistol's and it became an addiction.

Yes it's alot of work when shooting and dirty. I think it leads to the addiction. But it just does something to you, my ex girlfriend used to love it when I went in my old F-350 diesel shooting my black powder pistol's, I would come home all giddy.

I started with a .44 Remington 1858 New Army and a .44 Colt 1851 Navy. Since then I have added: .44 1860 Army, .44 1858 Bison Barrel New Army, a matched set of .44 Walker's, and replaced my 1851 Navy that got stolen. My next purchase someday soon is going to be a repro LeMat.

A little out of character I bought a traditions .50 cal trapper pistol. and eventually want to get a Pedersoli Howdah .20 gauge pistol.

Both the LeMat and Howdah are high end repro's, so I'm holding off until everything else I want is bought. But it's like a drug addiction, yes my regular firearm addiction is bad enough but can be justified for hunting and self defense purposes. The cap and ball is just for my collection and playing around.

Anybody else a lover of blackpowder cap and ball revolvers like I am. I was depressed and PO'd I waited too long, when the 1871 Cattleman's in .44 blackpowder was discontinued as I went to buy it. Or does anybody know of a cure other than winning the lottery and just buying originals and getting it over with.

·
Crusty, Crunchy and Cute
3,040 Posts
Bought a Ruger Old Army and then they stopped making it, how about that for timing? Funny thing is with nearly full power loads I am as accurate at 25 yards as I am with any gun I own except my S&W M41. With light practice loads I am dead on accurate at 7-15 yards with round ball and Goex. I never expected that.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Been looking at that Philadelpia derringer to put next to my trapper and howdah, but then that's a whole other collection and I'll need the South Seas Navy to go with it and a set of dueling pistols(almost let a girl move in with me just so she could add her authentic set to my collection). I need help, not encouragement.

I'm going online right now to cabelas.com to buy that LeMat.

Update: it's usually on sale continously for $ 799.99. Regularly $899.99. Maybe it's a sign to wait or not buy at all. Or time to buy the Howdah

Oh. Let's not forget the british flex steel Light Infantry Saber (better quality than the original) I bought for $150 to go with one of my revolvers. And now I'm buying the Navy Cutlass and someday the Heavy Infantry Saber.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts