Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a Black Max Honda Powered Generator 7000W/8450W generator for my Birthday. Anyone had any experience with this particular model? My wife said I could return it if it is a piece of junk. Need input!!! THANKS

·
Freezing Up North
31 Posts
In my neck of the woods, they wouldn't let you return it if you have already put gas in it and fired it up. Unless it was a dud.

·
Freezing Up North
31 Posts
Do you really need one that big? Or would one or more portables be better? I think a genset that large would be for bugging-in or for a tropical-ish area where you'd need an air conditioner running.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I don't know what the deal is but a lot of folks burned out a lot of appliances during ice storms with generators. You should check it out. I think it maybe has to do with when you hook things up. I think maybe it has to do with voltage peaks.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I just picked up a returned one up at Sams, was never taken out of the box. I am going to put a propane/natural gas/gasoline converter on it as I have natural gas at my house. Tri-fuel Kits And I do live in a tropical climate where it gets to over 98deg f. and 90% humidity on a good day in the summer. They make a couple of different models 1 with a Honda engine, & others. It is listed as a powermate.com product. At $835.00 + tax it is not too bad a deal. It says it uses 8gals in 10hrs at 50%load.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Before you buy that conversion kit, read this post:

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showpost.php?p=417481&postcount=164

I have no experience with this product, but after reading the above post I would do a little research and perhaps PM this Survivalisboard member before jumping into it.......

I just picked up a returned one up at Sams, was never taken out of the box. I am going to put a propane/natural gas/gasoline converter on it as I have natural gas at my house. Tri-fuel Kits And I do live in a tropical climate where it gets to over 98deg f. and 90% humidity on a good day in the summer. They make a couple of different models 1 with a Honda engine, & others. It is listed as a powermate.com product. At $835.00 + tax it is not too bad a deal. It says it uses 8gals in 10hrs at 50%load.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts