Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bank emailed me a message this morning reminding me to "celebrate black history month." I emailed back and asked them if/when they planned on celebrating "yellow, brown, or white" history month. My final sentence? "Bunch of racists."

To give special recognition to a particular race for THEIR accomplishments and contributions while ignoring all other races IS the very definition of "racism."

I've been planning on switching banks anyway and this is just one more reason why I'll follow through with that plan. I'd rather support a local bank here in southern Utah than a nationally recognized, PC/SJW bank like the one I'm dealing with now.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics oar it didn't happen

:D:
I keep my inbox and sent folders spotless. I read, respond, then delete unless it's something I must keep in my records for some reason. They go into specific folders for possible future needs.

However, I sort of wish I HAD kept this particular correspondence. If they happen to respond to me ... I'll be sure to include it in a future post.

But keeping my email address and bank info private is probably a good idea as well. Nevertheless ... I'm known by many companies to be the guy who tosses their PC nonsense back in their face if/when I deem it necessary. I've smacked this bank on several occasions for one reason or another.

·
Semper Fi
8,962 Posts
So my bank emailed me a message this morning reminding me to "celebrate black history month." I emailed back and asked them if/when they planned on celebrating "yellow, brown, or white" history month. My final sentence? "Bunch of racists."

To give special recognition to a particular race for THEIR accomplishments and contributions while ignoring all other races IS the very definition of "racism."

I've been planning on switching banks anyway and this is just one more reason why I'll follow through with that plan. I'd rather support a local bank here in southern Utah than a nationally recognized, PC/SJW bank like the one I'm dealing with now.
That's what you get for supporting any bank.

Credit Unions are the way to go.

·
Retired curmudgeon
18,353 Posts

In Utah there are a couple of big ones but I don't know if they have branches in southern Utah.

America First CU
Mountain America CU
Golden West CU

===

As far as people of preferred pigmentation month goes, I want a Scots and Irish history month. There are almost as many of us as there are black africans here.

I DEMAND a whole month. :mad: ;)

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I'll be supporting a local credit union here in town the moment I get my tax refund. As it stands, the IRS will do a direct deposit into my current bank.

But credit unions charge interest as well so they're only one click better than banks.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In Utah there are a couple of big ones but I don't know if they have branches in southern Utah.

America First CU
Mountain America CU
Golden West CU

===

As far as people of preferred pigmentation month goes, I want a Scots and Irish history month. There are almost as many of us as there are black africans here.

If I can find a reputable, small, successful "ma & pa" type CU that's the route I'll take.

·
Semper Fi
8,962 Posts

America First CU
Mountain America CU
Golden West CU

===

I am a member of three credit unions. Our long term relationship (40+ years) has been with Frontwave CU, nee Pacific Marine CU, nee Marine Corps West CU (they changed the name over the decades but were the same institution) and to a lesser extent Navy Federal (house loan as Frontwave didn't do out of state realty loans). After moving to AZ we signed up with Altier CU (that just got absorbed into America First CU) to get a local office.

I didn't look for the others but it appears America First has a ton of branches around the St Lake area but nothing comes up outside of that area. However there is an Altier (now probably America First) branch in Page, AZ so that could possibly work for southern Utah. Especially now that most banking can be done via a smartphone and their ATMs are on the national network.

The Scots, the only people who make the Irish look like teetotalers. LOL

·
Semper Fi
8,962 Posts
I'll be supporting a local credit union here in town the moment I get my tax refund. As it stands, the IRS will do a direct deposit into my current bank.

But credit unions charge interest as well so they're only one click better than banks.
Yes but unlike banks, CUs aren't in the business of making money for their shareholders off the backs of their depositors.

With a CU the depositors ARE the shareholders and the interest is just charged to cover the institution's expenses in providing their services and not to line someone else's pockets.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

America First CU
Mountain America CU
Golden West CU

===

I just checked. We have the following here in town:

America First
Mountain America

I'll check 'em out.

Reactions: Optimist and Lagnar

·
The Power of the Glave
2,281 Posts
Let's not get into a pointless discussion about "banks vs. credit unions". That's NOT the subject of the OP.

It's about having thinly disguised racist BS like the OP received. And it doesn't matter WHICH type of business it came from.

For my part, I give the OP :thumb::thumb: for his excellent post. I, too, am wondering why don't we have "History Month" for all the other races, colors, or ethnic groups out there?

Where I live, (rural Nebraska) we have many people of Czech ancestry. They are known for being hard workers. Who place a high value on education. Czechoslovakia has always been one the most advanced and progressive countries. Why don't they push a "Czech History Month"? Oh--they couldn't do that! It would mean honoring some Western and white ethnic group. And according to the going Party Line, that simply CANNOT be allowed!

Or a German History Month. What about the Danes, the Swedes, the Irish?

·
Retired curmudgeon
18,353 Posts
I just checked. We have the following here in town:

America First
Mountain America

I'll check 'em out.
I belong to both of those. You only pay interest if you borrow money. If you save money THEY pay you interest. If you have a VISA credit card and pay it back in 30 days you pay no interest plus they pay you a cash bonus for all your purchases.

Small CUs risk going under if they make bad loans such as what happened during the 2008 crash.

===
Steve: The Scots, the only people who make the Irish look like teetotalers. LOL
ha, ha, ha :D:

I'll bet the Germans could give them a run for their money. Heck, the Russians drink vodka for breakfast. :upsidedown:

===

I try to ignore black history month as much as possible since the re-writing of history is now year-round. Wakanda is real. :rolleyes:

Smacks of desperation.

While Presidents Washington and Lincoln are relegated to also-rans, the great mlk gets his very own federal holiday. :rolleyes:

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9,695 Posts
I try to ignore black history month as much as possible
I do too, the only problem is this month also happens to be the month of my birthday so I am constantly reminded of how prejudice our society has become because I would rather celebrate my birthday instead of MLK day. I have had several people call me a racist because of that. Including some that are supposed to be family members. :eek:

·
Banned
143 Posts
It didn’t.
Another dog whistle thread I suppose?

I do too, the only problem is this month also happens to be the month of my birthday so I am constantly reminded of how prejudice our society has become because I would rather celebrate my birthday instead of MLK day. I have had several people call me a racist because of that. Including some that are supposed to be family members. :eek:
MLK day is in January. :rolleyes:

·
Its a Hoax Folks
3,171 Posts
AJ, I don't know who you bank with but my bank is doing the same thing... but of course the email went straight to my junk folder, just like it should have.

https://www.usbank.com/splash/black-history-month.html

In celebration of Black History Month and beyond

We’re honored to celebrate Black History Month which recognizes the accomplishments and contributions of African Americans. We’re committed to partnering with you to continue that legacy all year. Whether personal, family or business, our experienced bankers and wide range of products and services can help you achieve your financial goals.

·
Banned
6,384 Posts
Let's not get into a pointless discussion about "banks vs. credit unions". That's NOT the subject of the OP.

It's about having thinly disguised racist BS like the OP received. And it doesn't matter WHICH type of business it came from.

For my part, I give the OP :thumb::thumb: for his excellent post. I, too, am wondering why don't we have "History Month" for all the other races, colors, or ethnic groups out there?

Where I live, (rural Nebraska) we have many people of Czech ancestry. They are known for being hard workers. Who place a high value on education. Czechoslovakia has always been one the most advanced and progressive countries. Why don't they push a "Czech History Month"? Oh--they couldn't do that! It would mean honoring some Western and white ethnic group. And according to the going Party Line, that simply CANNOT be allowed!

Or a German History Month. What about the Danes, the Swedes, the Irish?
I think the argument would be, that no other group of people has been so marginalized and mistreated in US history.

There is a Hispanic heritage month, it's just not as heavily forced down everyone's throats. And Chinese New Year is a big deal at least here in the bay area, and it is like 2 weeks or a month, so that's 3.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Beware of the dog!
1,939 Posts
If I can find a reputable, small, successful "ma & pa" type CU that's the route I'll take.
I settled with Mountain America CU when I moved here. Been almost 7 years and the only hiccup I ever had they fixed and apologized.

If you find someone else that sounds better let me know. I am open to change.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts