Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greater fool theory states that investors can achieve positive returns by buying an asset without concern for valuation fundamentals because someone else will buy it at a higher price.

Investors employing this theory may think assets that they are purchasing are overvalued based on fundamentals or long-term performance outlooks, but they still expect to make a profit because another investor (the "greater fool") will be willing to pay even more.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,968 Posts
Bitcoin is what gets developed by individuals, when the US Congress borrows more dollars than can be imagined, and totally ignores their responsibility to maintain a strong currency. I dont believe it fills the role perfectly, but I understand the reason it exists. Bitcoin is a prototype, not the complete answer.

·
Registered
Prepared US Marine Vietnam Vet!!
4 Posts
Greater fool theory states that investors can achieve positive returns by buying an asset without concern for valuation fundamentals because someone else will buy it at a higher price.

Investors employing this theory may think assets that they are purchasing are overvalued based on fundamentals or long-term performance outlooks, but they still expect to make a profit because another investor (the "greater fool") will be willing to pay even more.

A fool and his money are soon parted...Thomas Tusser

·
Adventurer
1,381 Posts
The Motley Fool has been wrong about mostly everything crypto related for the past few years..... I wouldnt consider that site a good source for crypto information.

·
Barrio Bajo Señor
4,116 Posts
I guess I’d be considered a “greater fool” I throw money at the space, pretty much blindly but I’ve managed to cash out close to $200k in the past 2 years

·
Banned
54 Posts

Bitcoin does not meet your greater Fool's Theory, because we aren't selling the hardest asset in the world. I'll take tax free, low interest loans off of the asset and pay down the debt perpetually on the NGU (number go up) Technology that you clearly don't understand and feel threatened by. My decendants will do the same for 1000 years and our Bitcoin will never be sold. Have a nice day

·
Banned
54 Posts
In what investment vehicle can greater fools not be applied?
Bitcoin. You don't sell the hardest asset the world has ever had. Be wary of advice from Nocoiners. I'm not selling my bitcoin for the reason I laid out in response to OP. Neither is anyone who understands what it is.

·
Banned
54 Posts
I guess I’d be considered a “greater fool” I throw money at the space, pretty much blindly but I’ve managed to cash out close to $200k in the past 2 years
There is no "space" It is just Bitcoin and a bunch of affinity scams.

·
Banned
54 Posts
The Motley Fool has been wrong about mostly everything crypto related for the past few years..... I wouldnt consider that site a good source for crypto informatio
Same could be said for the stock market. Companies are way overvalued, yet another fool is out there that thinks they're worth even more.
Exactly, the OP is furious for having missed the biggest gains in 2000 years. If he had said "cRyPtOcUrReNcY" Then I would have agreed with him because in order to make money on crypto or any other investment you must sell it. In order to make money on Bitcoin you must hold it...because it is becoming the denomination of account. We have never seen this before.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Those are fighting words. Im not a bitcoin maxi, but I don’t think the maxi argument is wrong. Im in heavy with eth, btc is like 5% of my portfolio.
Ethereum doesnt work, never did, and no plans to in the future. Surely you can see this? Doesnt matter if there are a million people who buy it, in the end you have to sell it to a sucker. Even the Ethtards (having fun here:) price their ETH in Bitcoin!
Let me close with this 1 question: What real world problem does ETH solve?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Ethereum doesnt work, never did, and no plans to in the future. Surely you can see this? Doesnt matter if there are a million people who buy it, in the end you have to sell it to a sucker. Even the Ethtards (having fun here:) price their ETH in Bitcoin!
Let me close with this 1 question: What real world problem does ETH solve?
I don’t think you’re stupid, but if you can’t come up with a case for eth then you’re about as useful as these nocoiners in here as a resource for information. There’s nothing I can say to you to change your mind, so you might as well not even ask.

Eth fixed my gutters. Checkmate

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bitcoin does not meet your greater Fool's Theory, because we aren't selling the hardest asset in the world. I'll take tax free, low interest loans off of the asset and pay down the debt perpetually on the NGU (number go up) Technology that you clearly don't understand and feel threatened by. My decendants will do the same for 1000 years and our Bitcoin will never be sold. Have a nice day
I will be the first to admit I do not understand nor do I trust bitcoin. It seems like a scam (bitcon) to me as there are no assets, nothing tangible and you have to have electricity to ever be able to use it and it is way over valued IMPO. I would think a large enough EMP attack would wipe it out. Again, I do not understand it. However, it has made multi millionaires and continues to basically go up in value. Even at that, I will not invest as I do not understand it. Even though money is build out of nothing and is printed at will, I understand how money works. I understand inflation and I understand how the current regime is making it basically useless faster than any time in my recorded history. However, it is tangible, I understand it's value and I can keep it with me if I need it.

My question to you is, what is the value of bitcoin if you are never going to sell it? You could have a 10 billion portfolio of bitcoin but if you are not wiling to sell it then it is worth zero. Please explain that to me?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts