Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did it I ordered my ak74 from classic firearms. I ordered the rifle two spam cans and 7 mags. I am a big fan of having a standard combat load. So I have decided to do a myriad of range tests to include shooting a pig carcass with a wound dissection. My tests will be general accuracy, penetration test against commonly found barriers, and my Butcher is going to give me a complete Pig carcass with organs that isn't good to eat. Died of disease. I am going to fill the lungs with air and tie off the esophagus. I will shoot it in the 4 quadrants. so I will keep you guys updated.

·
Thank you very much
4,321 Posts
I have to ask, what is the whole pig thing for? Do you not trust the round, or do you do this sort of thing with every new gun you purchase? Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to ask, what is the whole pig thing for? Do you not trust the round, or do you do this sort of thing with every new gun you purchase? Just wondering.
I have used this method to Get extra hands on in treating wounds. I have some but I like the extra. This way I can get some medical and get to see this round in action. I have shot 5.56x45 into half pig and treated it but now I get to see it on internal organs. Awesome.

·
RightorWrongSayWhatUthink
873 Posts
Assuming you got a waffen werks congrats sir. The round will penentrate amost anything. It tumbles much better than the .223.I have a waffen 74 for 4 years, its my favorite rifle.

Here is a link to the gel test of the devil's round.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Assuming you got a waffen werks congrats sir. The round will penentrate amost anything. It tumbles much better than the .223.I have a waffen 74 for 4 years, its my favorite rifle.

Yep got the waffen works but the storm is delaying their shipping I hope it clears up.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to test it against a small sample exterior wall siding, plywood insulation then dry wall. Against a vehicle door with the window down. I am hoping to get my ar in time to do a side by side 7n6 versus m855

·
Have gun,will travel
4,538 Posts
I am going to test it against a small sample exterior wall siding, plywood insulation then dry wall. Against a vehicle door with the window down. I am hoping to get my ar in time to do a side by side 7n6 versus m855
7N6 would likely be better compared to M193. M855 is 10 grains heavier and has a steel penetrator, so the wound ballistics are going to be a good bit different. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison. M193, on the other hand, is also a lead-alloy cored FMJ, and is only slightly heavier. Just my $.02... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
7N6 would likely be better compared to M193. M855 is 10 grains heavier and has a steel penetrator, so the wound ballistics are going to be a good bit different. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison. M193, on the other hand, is also a lead-alloy cored FMJ, and is only slightly heavier. Just my $.02... :thumb:

I want to use the m855 for two reasons it's my other primary round and both have a steel core. But for the sake of science I can throw in m193 along with 60 grain wolf 5.45x39

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The pig... she only getting 7n6 though to many holes will make it hard to look at it medically. She's only getting 4 rounds one in each quadrants

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got out to test fire and zero the 74. It was awesome besides the freezing weather and snow storm I was in. More like a blizzard in 9 degrees. Still managed to get it zeroed but not good weather for scientific studies. I will have to wait till the weather clears. I am afraid my pig will freeze before the end of the test. Which won't provide a good media for the test plus I am teaching some of my groups wound debridement and chest tube and that would such if it were frozen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts