Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Which type do you use? Whatever it is, stock up. What's the point in having a method you hate?

According to "Go Ask Alice," condoms without spermicide will last five years when stored in a cool, dry place, whereas products with spermicide (condoms, sponge, film, etc.) will last two years.

·
Thanks
4,749 Posts
I think a basal thermo. and charting supplies as well as a handy book on the subject will be the best long term plan.
It really is simple once you get use to it. Learning to check your own cervix and paying attention to cervical mucos especially combined with charting will help to prevent pregnancy. Ofcourse, that is stuff you should be learning now.

I have heard such things as Aloe Vera Gel slathered on a penis will help disrupt the ph balance of sperm for use as an extra spermicide in an emergency. I still have yet to confirm this.

Regardless, you should stock & take your vitamins. In the case of an accidental pregnancy this will help prevent some of the problems that could occur!

I recommend that every woman have a copy of "Spiritual Midwifery" or at the very least an emergency Childbirth book with GOOD photos of different ways to get a child out who can be in all different stages of 'stuck'.

Some shepards purse tincture (lasts forever) in the case of hemmorahge, and an emergency birth kit. You can purchase them pre-made for around $30.

In the case of abortificants, there are tinctures you can make that are legal. Google "2 and a half weeks late" potion etc.
This will bring on your period early. Some consider it an abortificant, others dont.

·
Free Mason
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had a vasetomy. I am storing for my daughters and grand sons. One has children and the other does not. Maby I should just tell them to store there own. Both daughters do not bbeleive in my storage.

·
Whippersnapper
2,664 Posts
I think a basal thermo. and charting supplies as well as a handy book on the subject will be the best long term plan.
It really is simple once you get use to it. Learning to check your own cervix and paying attention to cervical mucos especially combined with charting will help to prevent pregnancy. Ofcourse, that is stuff you should be learning now.

I have heard such things as Aloe Vera Gel slathered on a penis will help disrupt the ph balance of sperm for use as an extra spermicide in an emergency. I still have yet to confirm this.

Regardless, you should stock & take your vitamins. In the case of an accidental pregnancy this will help prevent some of the problems that could occur!

I recommend that every woman have a copy of "Spiritual Midwifery" or at the very least an emergency Childbirth book with GOOD photos of different ways to get a child out who can be in all different stages of 'stuck'.

Some shepards purse tincture (lasts forever) in the case of hemmorahge, and an emergency birth kit. You can purchase them pre-made for around $30.

In the case of abortificants, there are tinctures you can make that are legal. Google "2 and a half weeks late" potion etc.
This will bring on your period early. Some consider it an abortificant, others dont.
EEEEWWWW!!!!

Good info! but still;
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!:xeye:

Reactions: sendkeys

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just pull and pray... It’s cheap and doesn’t have a shelf life.

I have a buddy who used to dip his balls in a hot water before he would go out because they say heat kills sperm. I don’t know if it worked or he was just lucky but he never got anyone pregnant.

·
Whippersnapper
2,664 Posts
I have a buddy who used to dip his balls in a hot water before he would go out because they say heat kills sperm. I don’t know if it worked or he was just lucky but he never got anyone pregnant.
with my limited knowlege of anatonmy, i think the fully developed sperm are stored higher up in the body, so i don't think that would work- he was just lucky (and odd).

Reactions: gsxrac

·
Plants don't run!
1,976 Posts
Yea, the pull-out method is NOT AFFECTIVE. It only takes ONE SPERM to result in pregnancy. I'm thinking that maybe learning how to make animal skin condoms would be a good idea in the longer term. I don't know how easy it would be but it's a thought. They're not good for protecting against STD's because they're porous, but in a monogamous relationship I suppose it wouldn't be a bad thing. I don't know how well it prevents pregnancy though, but it should be a better idea than just hoping nothing happens.

Stocking up is a good idea too ;)

·
Whippersnapper
2,664 Posts
sorry ladies! I wasnt trying to gross any one out.
Naaah!
I have a stronger stomach than that!
Great info there, well worth knowing.

its still a bit eeew though none the less!:thumb:

(P.S. im a dude...)

Reactions: MotherEarth

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
The rhythm method works ok if you keep track of when you start and stop your menses. I'd stock up on massive amounts of condoms, enough to last me that five years!

Not that I approve/disapprove of ********, to each his own, but I also know what herbs I can use for a little morning after tea that that may possibly stop the pregnancy right away.

I'm quite thankful I had my tubes tied years ago so I don't have this worry!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Yea, the pull-out method is NOT AFFECTIVE. It only takes ONE SPERM to result in pregnancy. I'm thinking that maybe learning how to make animal skin condoms would be a good idea in the longer term. I don't know how easy it would be but it's a thought. They're not good for protecting against STD's because they're porous, but in a monogamous relationship I suppose it wouldn't be a bad thing. I don't know how well it prevents pregnancy though, but it should be a better idea than just hoping nothing happens.

Stocking up is a good idea too ;)
There's a brand new chapter for the SAS Survival Guide!

Chapter 13: Condom making for the Survivalist

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.