Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not really birth control, its more like pregnancy control. With a lot of free time, people will be looking to enjoyable recreational activities. So what you do after SHTF might just pop out 9 months later. :eek: Then what?

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
rythm and withdrawal are two 'natural' methods. I wouldn't trust either of them too far. Other forms of 'recreation' are also options. And of course, we may need to be making lots of babies at some point.

But if I get your point correctly, you're right that people will need to be careful to avoid untimely pregnancies.

-Per.l

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
This is a tough one. A big portion of the reason why I got my tubes tied is because with each of my kids I never dialated, necessitating C-sections.
100 years ago I would most definitely have been one of those mothers who would have died from labor. What kind of provisions can one have in a post-SHTF scenario for mothers whose labor becomes dangerous?

Oh, and would the "Girlvivalist" section be better for this discussion? I don't want anyone to complain about this current thread not being where it should.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Well immediately after SHTF the last thing you need are pregnant women and nursing infants. Maybe once things settle down then it would be a better time to procreate.

Peas are known contraceptive food. Couples who eat alot of them are much less fertile. This is documented.

·
Antique Nurse
644 Posts
There are several ways of determining fertility - not 100% fool proof, but helpful.

Here is a link that gives good info - in easy to understand terms.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
love the name Robert. Take it thats a ranger reference?

·
Antique Nurse
644 Posts
Why do you think there are so many little girls running around named Sara??

Just kidding.... But I even know one named Saran. Don't know what you'd name a boy - Wrap?? Wrappert??

Probably just as well off with withdrawl - unless you are a basketball player.

Reactions: PreppinMouse

·
The end is near.
1,376 Posts
"Oh, and would the "Girlvivalist" section be better for this discussion?"

I'd say that this subject is appropriate for both sections. Guys need to be aware of this as well unless women are now taking full responsibility for procreation or the prevention said creation. lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a friend who is an MD. He told me that after power outages and the like theres a spike in births 9 months later. The simplest plan is to get whatever birth control thats being used now in bulk. Birth control comes in 12 month packs. Get the second one at 6 months. Could cost a lil cash but 6 months will get thru all but a TEOTWAWKI. A few boxes of condoms wouldn't be a bad idea. Good barter item.

For longer then the 6-12 months current birth control will last theres the calender method and "pulling out". Also other recreational methods.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.