Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the reason I chose this username is because my favorite hunting buddy calls me it every time I call him up to get out in the wood, or on a lake.
I'm an ex-army medic, and have hunted since 10yo. The cool thing about being a medic was range duty. If there were extra rounds, I got to train,shoot and qualify on everything we brought to the range! my C/O liked a doc that was hands on, and could be counted on.
all of my guns are for hunting, until recently when i found an old and very used yugo sks in need of TLC, M series and well used/ shot a lot, and i sincerely think it may have been involved in the conflict over there by the markings on the wood. Wouldn't that be a kick, I may have seen this rifle from the wrong end...I ran border missions before the curtain fell.
anyway, I really look forward to sharing info, and mostly hope I can learn from you.
Friend, brother at arms
Bill
God Bless America

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
Welcome aboard, I had one of the old yugo sks but I gave it away. Too many problems with it and it was an extra. The guy that owns it now had it re-worked and the damn thing shoots pretty good.
You'll love this site, a few trolls but overall, loaded with good people and good info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Bro,
what do you know about cosmoline removal and what to use as a replacement to fill the gaps in the rod that moves the bolt back? I want to clean the old grl up but not sure how it's best done
Bill

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome Bill from Dallas TExas. I own SKS as well. Great little gun. Let us hear from you in the posts. Also let any of us know if we can help you. Make friends and stay withus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts