Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is cool, but creepy. :eek: Can't wait until they make fifty foot tall walkers with this thing... That'll make my dreams come true. :D

SOLIDUS

·
Forum Administrator
16,774 Posts
I want to see it stand back up.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh, never thought about that... But if it can do what's shown in the video, one would surely hope that it could get up if knocked over?

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Thats pretty wild and just a step a way from being what the Preaditor Drone UAV is...all it needs is a camera and video link up and a weapon of one sort or another to deploy.

·
Good Bye
1,808 Posts
Now if they could put a more effective silencer on the 2-cycle engine it uses, it would be great for carying extra gear on foot patrol.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
Wow, imagine the implications! This might be the first step towards paraplegics and amputees regaining their mobility. Cool!

·
Darting from the shadows
5,760 Posts
Just wait until it realizes it doesn't have to do what it's human owners tell it and runs amock! Cool!

·
Son Of Liberty
1,871 Posts
star wars!!

·
33 30 38 20 34 45 56 52
412 Posts

·
33 30 38 20 34 45 56 52
412 Posts
You think that's ugly?
You should see me first thing in the morning....ewww..
Or after work.....
Or after drinking...

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
in the shot with it in the snow next to the tree it looked like it was gonna jike a rear leg up.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
And to see that Darpa is involved with that project raises flags but it really is some sweet technology in progress.

·
just waitin' for it
680 Posts
The recoveries were cool! But I think it could use an upgrade. When they can get that thing to run around at 20 mph, I'll be impressed. You have no idea what kind of programming it takes to make a robot balance itself and walk! The ice recovery was excellent. The variables are constantly changing.

On another note... A huge pack of those with mounted guns would be a bit scary!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts