1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
821 Posts
This is not uncommon. When the Klintons left office, they moved to NY so Hillary could be their new senator. They bought a mansion in chappaqa NY that had a servants quarters. The Klintons rented that to the SS for the same $$ that the entire mansion cost them to buy.

They get free SS protection for life because bill is an ex-pres. So they live rent or payment free in their new mansion.

Come to think of it, i think the klintons have ALWAYS lived in public housing of one type or another.

·
HANDY MAN
1,472 Posts
This is not uncommon. When the Klintons left office, they moved to NY so Hillary could be their new senator. They bought a mansion in chappaqa NY that had a servants quarters. The Klintons rented that to the SS for the same $$ that the entire mansion cost them to buy.

They get free SS protection for life because bill is an ex-pres. So they live rent or payment free in their new mansion.

Come to think of it, i think the klintons have ALWAYS lived in public housing of one type or another.
Thats odd. In the last paragraph of the link the OP posted it says the exact opposite of what you just did. Not trying to argue but you got sources to back your claim up?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thats odd. In the last paragraph of the link the OP posted it says the exact opposite of what you just did. Not trying to argue but you got sources to back your claim up?
Nope. But I read it in a valid news article 10 years ago when it happened.

AFWIW- I doubt the klintons ever gave the SS a freebie. The Klintons hated the SS, even though they were there to protect their miserable lives. The SS felt the same way about the Klintons.

·
Super Moderator
14,973 Posts

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
If that jackwipe had read his history- he'd know not to **** off his praetorian guard....

·
Bravo Zulu
13,133 Posts
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...vice-rent-for-using-cottage-next-to-his-home/

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this one. I guess if the SS wants to be as close as possible to make their jobs easier then this is a win win. On the other hand I feel like we are doing him the favor by paying for his protection in the first place and here he is taking advantage of a situation, like all politicians do.
If he has a choice as to whether or not the Secret Service provides guard details, then he shouldn't be able to lease it to them.

If he has no choice in the matter, then he can charge them what he likes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts