Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Leave Me Alone !
907 Posts
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!! That is freakin' hilarious. I understand the idea and concept. But I just have to laugh. I picture Grandma on her 3 wheeler heading down to the market with her big pitcher of Pure Water on the front in the basket. Wonder how many liberal tree hugger, peace-nic types in the retirement village in Florida and California will be riding these.
Or better yet, an advertisement with some camo clad Survivalist with face paint, combat boots, his AR and bug out bag, riding down the road on this with a big mushroom cloud in the background. I don't mean to laugh, but I just think the whole concept is funny as hell. I was thinking we could have a strap on solar panel cover for your dog. That way when you go out to walk Rover down the street, you can charge your cell phone.

Now if we can only figure out how to fix a water purification system like this on a semi-auto rifle, so we can shoot and purify water. It would be handy on hot days at the range or if we bug out after TSHTF. Hook it to your Camelback and start slinging lead. Shoot bad guys and get pure water.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!! That is freakin' hilarious. I understand the idea and concept. But I just have to laugh. I picture Grandma on her 3 wheeler heading down to the market with her big pitcher of Pure Water on the front in the basket. Wonder how many liberal tree hugger, peace-nic types in the retirement village in Florida and California will be riding these.
Or better yet, an advertisement with some camo clad Survivalist with face paint, combat boots, his AR and bug out bag, riding down the road on this with a big mushroom cloud in the background. I don't mean to laugh, but I just think the whole concept is funny as hell. I was thinking we could have a strap on solar panel cover for your dog. That way when you go out to walk Rover down the street, you can charge your cell phone.

Now if we can only figure out how to fix a water purification system like this on a semi-auto rifle, so we can shoot and purify water. It would be handy on hot days at the range or if we bug out after TSHTF. Hook it to your Camelback and start slinging lead. Shoot bad guys and get pure water.
I don't see anything at all hilarious about it. Especially if you are on the way to bugging out somewhere and don't want to stop long, come to a stream and fill up with water, and continue on your way. Or even recreational use, why not?
I'm sure it would be expensive, though. Might think about engineering something like that at home.
The comments under the video make a few points, though: This would be a one-use type of vehicle, where you couldn't carry anything else, just using it for water transportation and filtering. Also, the water jug on the handle bars might be ackward because of the weight. It would be nice if the dirty water container could be lifted out when water filtering/carrying was not needed and you'd have a place for other items instead.

Bicycles have also been designed for producing electricity, so they're definitely handy for survivalists!
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Renewable-Energy/1981-03-01/Bicycle-Generator-Home-Power.aspx

·
Registered
428 Posts
too many problems

!st thing is the resistance of a 3 wheeled bike!
2nd thing the parasitic pump will take energy to make it work right this will take energy away from peddling the bike yeah I know your doing both while riding, and will wear out faster.
3rd WEIGHT!! water weighs 8lbs / gallon so that 120 lb woman who is about 40 lbs heavier than their intended user is going to peddle her weight the bike weight and an additional 160lbs for lets use their distance 3 miles!! come on.
4th Dumb idea!! why not spend the money that that bike cost and dig a well closer!!

·
Pull up your Dora panties
7,377 Posts
less negitive thought and more inovation. lets figure out how to make these ourselves. if they aren't going to be in production anytime soon, then how do i make one of my own. people this idea may have flaws, but it is a great idea. perhaps it can also siphon water from sorces that you would not be able to just dip a jug into. hmmmm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.