Discussion Starter #1

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
can't seize whats not there......

·
Registered
816 Posts
well, if it that ridiculous bill does pass, the manufacturers/retailers are goin to dump the non-encoded ammunition before the bill goes into effect, so it should be dirt cheap for a few months.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
I buy most of my ammo in cash ,leaving no paper trail. There ia absolutely no way that the millions of rds of various ammo ,could ever be accounted for, people use ammo at the gun range, hunting etc. ,creating a constant flux in one's personal ammo supply. If encoding happens , i'll use it at the range ,and keep my uncoded ammo in reserve .I'm not worried. P.S. for those who will respond to this thread with the typical "Obama wants you ammo" , STFU and look a little deeper ,this legislation is on the state level, and many of those states are and have been "conservative" controlled states like Indiana, Tenn., S.C., Kentucky.

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Another toothless law,

Why do they waste their time, passing another law that government will never have enough people to uphold. Sure some folks will rat out others because its the nature of the beast, but by that time I will be moved to a more secure and unfriendly location.

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons clean, loaded and ready.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
You could just reload your brass. Your bullets either wont have the engravings or they can be easily sanded down so that no ID numbers are on them. New bullets can be pulled by a reloader, stripped of the ID# then reset.

But the point isn't so much that its such a big deal to get rid of the ID#, its everything else that the # brings with it. Once there is a # tracking system in place the exact amount of ammo you purchase will be known. Laws can then be put into place and enforced concerning how much ammo you may stock "for sporting purposes".

If this goes through the prices of ammo will jump. The cost of the equipment and other associated cost to pay for this program, which BTW only one company currently sells the equipment to engrave the bullets, will be passed on to the consumer.
http://www.ammocoding.com/

This is bad and oh yeah Apocalypse OBAMA WANTS YOUR AMMO! :zombie:p

Reactions: Cryptkeeper

·
Registered
23 Posts
"Requires the superintendent of the police state department to establish and maintain an encoded ammunition data base before July 1, 2009. Requires ammunition manufacturers and persons who sell ammunition at retail to provide certain information concerning encoded ammunition sales and persons who purchase encoded ammunition to the superintendent for inclusion in the data base."

What BS.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
This tactic is a... "See?, we didn't tamper with the 2nd amendment at all...you still have your guns!"...but you're priced out of ammo and that good ol' surplus stuff won't be allowed in.

My question is why they are intent on trying to push us all to the point where we'll have no other choice but to grab the pitchforks and torches?

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
This tactic is a... "See?, we didn't tamper with the 2nd amendment at all...you still have your guns!"...but you're priced out of ammo and that good ol' surplus stuff won't be allowed in.

My question is why they are intent on trying to push us all to the point where we'll have no other choice but to grab the pitchforks and torches?
Because machine guns work quite well on people with pitchforks and torches.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I buy most of my ammo in cash ,leaving no paper trail. There ia absolutely no way that the millions of rds of various ammo ,could ever be accounted for, people use ammo at the gun range, hunting etc. ,creating a constant flux in one's personal ammo supply. If encoding happens , i'll use it at the range ,and keep my uncoded ammo in reserve .I'm not worried. P.S. for those who will respond to this thread with the typical "Obama wants you ammo" , STFU and look a little deeper ,this legislation is on the state level, and many of those states are and have been "conservative" controlled states like Indiana, Tenn., S.C., Kentucky.
An obamabot telling other people to "look a little deeper" :rolleyes: We all now obama doesnt want our ammo, he wants our guns.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Also nice that buying ammo gets you added to yet another government database. Just another database to keep us all safe from boogymen under the beds...or, just another tool to keep the government safe from us?
Anytime a government starts fearing the people and, passing laws for it's own safety against the people...is an obvious sign that things are falling apart.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Requires a person who owns ammunition for a handgun or assault weapon that is not encoded ammunition to dispose of the ammunition before July 1, 2011
Would that clause make it illegal to reload your own ammo, or would it define you as a mfr and require you to encode your reloads?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Budget,

you wont have to worry about that because that is going to be the reason reloading will become illegal , because you dont have the equipment to engrave the bullets!

You know how these things work, one thing leads to another. Its a slippery slope~

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
Budget,

you wont have to worry about that because that is going to be the reason reloading will become illegal , because you dont have the equipment to engrave the bullets!

You know how these things work, one thing leads to another. Its a slippery slope~

What will happen if this legislation is passed is that every case lot will have a printed lot number on the box and a laser engraved code on the bottom of the bullet (the part that is seated inside the case, facing the primer) and that includes bullets for hand loads.

For example a 1000 round case of ammo will have a lot number ...say 14763. Every individual box inside the case will have lot and box number...14763-1, 14763-2, 14763-3, etc.

Every time someone buys ammo they will need to show identification and the box or case of ammo will be transferred from the store's possession into the buyer's possession.

The excuse they're giving is that now they will be able to extract the bullet from a murder victim's body, get the serial number on the bullet, punch it into the computer and the data base should be able to tell them who purchased the box in which that bullet came.

Just so you know, you can't file off these engravings. You might file off the surface marking but once engraved, the number can still be read as the chemical composition of the metal changes, tracing the pattern of the numbers and letters; with certain spectrometers they can read what number used to be engraved on the bullet by mapping out the area that changed chemical composition.

That goes for guns that had their serial numbers filed off. They don't talk much about it because it's to their advantage that most people don't know that, but they can very easily determine what serial number used to be on a ghost gun.

·
Registered
191 Posts
So? I'm pretty sure that the anti-liberals will force anything they can...

·
Registered
191 Posts
You could just reload your brass. Your bullets either wont have the engravings or they can be easily sanded down so that no ID numbers are on them. New bullets can be pulled by a reloader, stripped of the ID# then reset.

But the point isn't so much that its such a big deal to get rid of the ID#, its everything else that the # brings with it. Once there is a # tracking system in place the exact amount of ammo you purchase will be known. Laws can then be put into place and enforced concerning how much ammo you may stock "for sporting purposes".

If this goes through the prices of ammo will jump. The cost of the equipment and other associated cost to pay for this program, which BTW only one company currently sells the equipment to engrave the bullets, will be passed on to the consumer.
http://www.ammocoding.com/

This is bad and oh yeah Apocalypse OBAMA WANTS YOUR AMMO! :zombie:p
Ah, but the government bodyguards and others who force with the official seal of approval will be able to buy all they need to suppress the people. Next thing you know people will be using eachothers bullets to shift blame.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts