Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Canada and want to grow my own food, however I want to be sure that I can grow the best food for the type of climate I am current living. Would anyone know what the best food would be for long life storage and easiest to grow? I love the fact that Squashes last so long (Which helps in the winter) but I was wondering if there was something similar to this that grows quickly in a climate such as this.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
497 Posts
It depends on where you live Southern Ontario is completely different then Sask, AB, MB. BC has a different climate as well as the east coast. Even within Ontario the north is way different then south. I know you can grow almost anything in Manitoba (lived there for 6 years) as long as your talking a willingness to potential lose your crop due poor weather after the may 24 weekend. Generally don't plant anything before may 24 and be ready to harvest by September.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping not to get too specific since my wife and I aren't sure where we'll end up in the next year or so, but I suppose we would be mostly interested in either Central Ontario, or Southern Newfoundland.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts