Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sorry About Your Feelings
20,837 Posts
You can get a decent Mountain bike at Dicks for $300...
Plus all the equipment to carry BO items with you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You can get a decent Mountain bike for $300...
Thats not entirely true. Yes, you can buy a bike for $300, but anything in that price range will fall apart, literally, once you're out on the trails for a while. go into any mountain bike store in your city and tell them you're looking at the $300 ______ from dicks and they'll tell you 101 reasons why that bike wont last on trails. for city, sure, it will get you from a to b just fine. but if you have to take it to the dirt, you'll regret not spending at least twice that. :thumb:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thats not entirely true. Yes, you can buy a bike for $300, but anything in that price range will fall apart, literally, once you're out on the trails for a while. go into any mountain bike store in your city and tell them you're looking at the $300 ______ from dicks and they'll tell you 101 reasons why that bike wont last on trails. for city, sure, it will get you from a to b just fine. but if you have to take it to the dirt, you'll regret not spending at least twice that. :thumb:
While I am sure there is truth to this, the $300 bike will serve the function of getting you home. Especially if you don't ride it all the time.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts

WRONG! i have a raliegh mountain bike $350. front suspension, disk brakes. been beating it on the trails and roads for 4 years now and it is like new.
i wonder why a salesman would say i need the $1000 bike????????????

·
Ripper
224 Posts
I disagree. It depends on what you buy. I you think your going to get bike with front and rear suspension for $300, yes it will be a POS. If you research what your buying, you'll do fine. I own a $350 hardtail Ironhorse bike from dicks. The bike will fall apart if you ride it the way the store assembles it. I went over the entire bike myself with locktite and fixed their assembly problems. I now have a very good trail bike for $350 with disc brakes, rock shox forks, shimano shifting and de-railers, a descent 3 piece crank, and nice excel rims. I've rode it on all sorts of trails for the last 2 years with ZERO issues since fixing the stores assembly errors. Not everything has to cost an arm and a leg to be good.:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts