Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Question for OP - do you already have an FID Card? If so, then I'm assuming your concern is for obtaining handgun purchasing permits. In my town, the PD go and interview your neighbors. That can be good or bad as I've found out from others I've spoken to here in town. I am friendly with all my neighbors, so they had no problem speaking to or saying good things about me to the PD. But if you are going to be new in town and your PD does this, you might not be so lucky.

I just filled out my application. Will call tomorrow for my SBI#. In case you didn't know, applicants now must submit their own requests for criminal background checks to the State on-line. First you get SBI from local PD, then you submit application and you get a confirm # you include with app you give to PD.
Gosh, the PD interviews your neighbors before they allow you to buy a handgun? What is a FID card?

Glad I live in a state that doesn't require any of that nonsense. I can purchase anything I want without some type of card, police investigation or permission, I only need to have the NICS check done when purchasing a firearm from an FFL.

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,136 Posts
guys,
I appreciate the move here or more there suggestions- but due to work, commuting, and time constraints this is just not an option. NJ is awful, but it is the lease awful of the tristate area (NJ, NY, CT)- at least in NJ you can have 15 round mags as opposed to 7.
If you are at a point where you are moving and buying a house, it is also a good time to find a job with a competitor that has offices in PA or TX.

Staying in NJ is just supporting the beast. Don't feed the beast.

P.S. No, I was not talking about Christi. I was referring to the government at large.

P.S.S. Dang. I think I just did it again.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sorry I never checked back after my post. The SBI# is statewide and is not just for firearm; any licensing that requires a criminal background check in NJ must be done online. If you already have an FID your permit number is the SBI. My neighbor is a bartender and had to do it.

For the FID question - I think its short for firearms ID card. You must first apply for this and it allows you to buy long guns and handgun ammo. Cheaper than Dirt, bulk Ammo and Midway require a photo copy plus drivers license before shipping. Rifle and shotgun ammo does not.

Yes it is a PITA, but for those of us who cannot relocate just yet, and if we can't travel too far for commuting to NYC, NJ is better than NY any day.

·
Survivalist in training
39 Posts
Thank you for staying in NJ and keeping that machine of oppression alive. They cannot do it alone. They need our help.

Dude what earth are you talking about? Have you ever even lived in Jersey? Because for some reason people seem to think its like 100% illegal to buy a gun in this state? You guys got it all wrong! It is HARD, not impossible or illegal.

I guess none of you know that we have quite a large number of hunters in this state.

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,136 Posts
Why choose HARD when so many other states are easy?

As I said, Thank you for keeping the machine of oppression alive. It is all part of being an enabler.

Honestly, if the best option for you and your family is to stay in NJ, do what is best for them. However, if you don't look elsewhere, how do yo know NJ is the best place for your family.

Just look.

·
Hating the new Amerika.
2,856 Posts
Dude what earth are you talking about? Have you ever even lived in Jersey? Because for some reason people seem to think its like 100% illegal to buy a gun in this state? You guys got it all wrong! It is HARD, not impossible or illegal.

I guess none of you know that we have quite a large number of hunters in this state.
Funny, I live in Wisconsin. I choose the weapon I want to buy. I pay for it. If it is a rifle or a shot gun, I leave with it after completing NCIS check (a couple of minutes). If it is a hand gun, I must wait three days before I can return to said place of purchase and leave with it. I can buy ammo without showing a card or any ID. Pretty weird what a little more freedom looks like.

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Sorry I never checked back after my post. The SBI# is statewide and is not just for firearm; any licensing that requires a criminal background check in NJ must be done online. If you already have an FID your permit number is the SBI. My neighbor is a bartender and had to do it.

For the FID question - I think its short for firearms ID card. You must first apply for this and it allows you to buy long guns and handgun ammo. Cheaper than Dirt, bulk Ammo and Midway require a photo copy plus drivers license before shipping. Rifle and shotgun ammo does not.

Yes it is a PITA, but for those of us who cannot relocate just yet, and if we can't travel too far for commuting to NYC, NJ is better than NY any day.
I've purchased ammo from CTD and I didn't have to send them a photo copy of anything or is that only if you're a resident of NJ?

I refuse to do business with any company that requires me to send them a photo copy of ID in order to buy from them nor do I buy from companies that require a signature upon delivery. This is why I don't buy from J&G sales because they state on their website all ammo sales require an adult signature over 21 upon delivery. There are plenty of companies that don't require this nonsense to do business with them.

·
Survivalist in training
39 Posts
Why choose HARD when so many other states are easy?

As I said, Thank you for keeping the machine of oppression alive. It is all part of being an enabler.

Honestly, if the best option for you and your family is to stay in NJ, do what is best for them. However, if you don't look elsewhere, how do yo know NJ is the best place for your family.

Just look.

Now let me ask you this... What about if someone can't afford to move or has a stable, permanent job that requires they stay within driving distance. I am not saying there isn't easier states, there most defintielly is... Texas, Alaska... There are many, but I am saying if you CAN NOT (not will not mind you) then you have to work with what you have.

You say we are 'feeding the opperesive machine' even though the poster before you was saying how he could not afford to move and move far from NY. I am just saying read what people say and consider their cermstances before writing a reply like 'Like you are feeding the oppersive machine... By staying in NJ... Well done...'.

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,136 Posts
I am just saying read what people say.

Circumstances may provide justification for continued action, but that does not change what that action is.

I would say that your comment was already answered before you posted directing me not to do what you just did. (Are you stuck in NJ/NY also?)

·
Currently surviving SHTF
2,485 Posts
My wife is from Newjersistan.

She inherited a house and tree farm in the Estell manor area...promply sold it to a family friend. Loved the propery, hated the state. Even without a mortgage i wouldn't live there.

·
Survivalist in training
39 Posts
Well all I am saying is... The action cant change if someone has no choice. I am stuck in NJ but do enjoy going on hikes in the PA area. As I am still too young to own a gun (I am 17) persay... Thefore the laws haven't bothered me YET , I do know based on research and numerous stories from people that the laws regarding weapons are extremelly strict yet not very well defined. Which tends to cause problems. There are good things about living here just has much as there are bad things. For the hunter or gun owner (or potiental gun owner) its a bad state to live. However, there are a lot of pluses as well though.

My family is here in this state, needless to say I wont be staying here FOREVER, there is no (or not enough) nature for me to develop the skills I want to develop as a self training survivalist. One day hopefully I will move to Alaska and live that way. Before I get there though, I have to start gradually and begin with camping in PA, then somewhere like Minnoesta and then gradually into Alaska or wherever else. :)

-Brandon

·
10,548 Posts
As a Vermonter, I sometimes have nightmares that I am in states like NJ or Mass. and I have my Glock, but I have to try to drop it into the ocean or something to ditch it so I don't get life in prison.:(

·
Survivalist in training
39 Posts
As a Vermonter, I sometimes have nightmares that I am in states like NJ or Mass. and I have my Glock, but I have to try to drop it into the ocean or something to ditch it so I don't get life in prison.:(
It's not that bad...you wouldnt get life in prison for carrying a gun that was legally obtained and registered to another state. They would probably just call the government of the state you cake from and ensure that the weapon was legally obtained and registered then just let you on your way, so long as you get out of the state with it as fast as possible. Or they might not even do that. If you obtained it legally, you would be fine.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Shall not be infringed.

Really!

Four words.

I don't need no stinking permit for my rights. Apparently criminals have no problem understanding. Just people that pay attention to words written by politicians.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Tell you a little story about Massachusetts
I live in NH but carpetbag across the border to work. My boss has a Colt Mustang .380 he wants to trade on a Kahr .380.
We go to a place called Four Winds in Woburn. It is crowded and it's 10:00am. He can't get the pistol because it's not on the state approved list so we leave unhappy.
Him because the gun wasn't available to him. Me because there was a boat load of ammo. All reasonably priced.
INCLUDING .22!!!
I was sorta dumbfounded because thee was probably more ammo in that little place than a Cabelas or Bass Pro.

·
Freedom is not free
82 Posts
Well dont move to any town in middlesex county. They all suck. Howell isnt bad. A buddy of mine submitted his application for a FID and got it with two pistol purchase permits inside of 40 days. Other wise farther south jersey.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts