1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'll share with you...

My name is Takezo... (hello Takezo)

And I'm a flashlight nut.

Yesterday I found a great deal at Costco.
Two tactical LED flashlights for $14.95 (instant rebate).
Made by Techlite (lumen master).

I bought the set.
They're about the size of a Surefire 3-P.
Wow!!! Wow!!
Brighter than a Surefire, and on three AAA batteries.
Will last much longer on a single battery set/charge.
Two brightness settings, plus a stobe/blinding setting.
Cookie cutter ring on the leading edge for head whacking.
Batteries included.
Handstrap included.

Great, great deal for less than 20 hondos.
I highly recommed (yes recommend) these as a part of a survival kit.

Only draw back is the on-button on the butt-end.
This could be accidentally engaged--but it is somewhat recessed.
It cannot be backed off as you would with a Surefire or mag-lite.
But considering the brightness of this little thing, the advantages and price completely outweigh this one small drawback.

Thought I would share with you all.

ST

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,806 Posts
Thanks Takezo. Need more of your posts around here.

I like flashlights but I also have kerosene lanterns and many candles especially for emergencies.

And I have to tell about this Free flashlight that I found coupons for >

Harborfreight is giving out Free led flashlights with 9 led lights which gives a very bright light. I have gotten 14 of these flashlights Free but have to get the coupons. They sell these flashlights for around $5 regular price. Many of these Free flashlight coupons can be found in Harborfreight ads in magazines, newspaper ads etc. Especially on Sunday papers in some of those magazine inserts like Parade, USA Weekend etc. etc. I even went to the library and got some coupons, secretly tearing out the coupons from the ads.

Here is what the coupon looks like IF anyone happens to see it in a paper, which it is usually smaller than this one and the real coupon has a bar code >

·
Premium Member
68,758 Posts
LOL a "tactical" flashlight. What's next, tactical socks? I guess I've been around flashlights my entire life and just see them as a tool, like a hammer. Never heard of a "tactical" hammer.

Anyway, a big thanks for the headsup. I'm always looking for good quality affordable flashlights, especially LED lights. I'm working on replacing the last few of my incandescent lights with LED ones.

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts

I like flashlights but I also have kerosene lanterns and many candles especially for emergencies.

Harborfreight is giving out Free led flashlights with 9 led lights which gives a very bright light. I have gotten 14 of these flashlights Free but have to get the coupons. They sell these flashlights for around $5 regular price. Many of these Free flashlight coupons can be found in Harborfreight ads in magazines, newspaper ads etc. Especially on Sunday papers in some of those magazine inserts like Parade, USA Weekend etc. etc. I even went to the library and got some coupons, secretly tearing out the coupons from the ads.

Here is what the coupon looks like IF anyone happens to see it in a paper, which it is usually smaller than this one and the real coupon has a bar code >

I have 6 of these, just picked another one yesterday.
Might have to print out your coupon and get some more:rolleyes:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Mtnmanmike

I grabbed one of the free harborfreight flashlights too. It doesn't look too shoddy for a FREE flashlight. They were sold out of the $1.99 hammers but I did score a noce boltcutters for that special occasion!

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

These are good also.
These are Chinese led flashlights that they crank out by the millions now.
You can see them everywhere--especially at liquor stores near the register as an impulse item.

Do not pay over three dollars for them.
FYI--there was a version with laser pointer built in that Home Depot was selling as a loss-leader for $1.95 last week (which I now keep in my car).

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's someone else's review of these flashlights.
I have to tell you that these are very, very bright lights.

http://www.badkarmaairsoft.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2367

And some photos...

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=780845

Sounds great big guy, but does it have a death ray setting?

No, but I forward you the modification in a PM later on.

LOL a "tactical" flashlight. What's next, tactical socks? I guess I've been around flashlights my entire life and just see them as a tool, like a hammer. Never heard of a "tactical" hammer.

Tactical means that it is black anodized aluminum.
And in this one's case... it has a knurled grip and cookie cutters on both ends to punh wicked looking lacerations in any adversaries head.
For the brightness and cost--these beat Surfire any, any day (and many others).
You get two for 15 hondos.

ST

·
Free Born
2,446 Posts
Hey T I also got 2 sets of those exact lights from costco last week, gave on package to my GF because she doesn't have any flashlights and threw my set into the store room, took one out to test it and WOW those suckers are bright, and another cool feature is it has a low battery indicator on the clear tail cap button. I recommend them my self, great price and a well made light.

·
Premium Member
68,758 Posts

These are good also.
These are Chinese led flashlights that they crank out by the millions now.
You can see them everywhere--especially at liquor stores near the register as an impulse item.

Do not pay over three dollars for them.
FYI--there was a version with laser pointer built in that Home Depot was selling as a loss-leader for $1.95 last week (which I now keep in my car).
I'm forever buying a case of them when I find them cheap, to resell at gun shows. They're all pretty much the same except "Eagle Light" 6 LED lights. If you find those, they're really nice. They have a thicker stronger body, a much higher grade switch, and I have yet to have an LED go out in one, unlike the others. They're also a lot brighter than the other 6 and 9 LED cheapie chinese lights. When I discovered the difference, I kept the rest of that case for myself.

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,806 Posts
I have 6 of these, just picked another one yesterday.
Might have to print out your coupon and get some more:rolleyes:

You can try but the real coupons have bar codes which people can sometimes find in a paper or magazine in Harborfreight ads . They might ask where you got this fake coupon, just say the internet. :cool:

And I know some might think these Free flashlights are not too good and might not last too long. But they do have a very bright light with the 9 led bulbs and even if they do not last very long they are my favorite price = FREE :thumb:

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay... a little bit of advice on these flashlights.

Do not drop them on hard surfaces.
Dropped one last night while I was screwing around with the circuit breakers.
Did something to it internally--will not cycle correctly.

So I exchanged both for new ones at Costco this morning.

Anyways--these are still a great value at this price.
But do not strap them onto a weapon, or slam them around.

With care they will last quite a while.

ST

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.