Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to you, knowledgeable people, if money were no object, what would be the best poncho and poncho liner?

Thanks a million for your insight. :thumb:

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
US military poncho & liner with zipper mod, not the cheep knock-offs.

It also depinds on what the poncho is for...outdoors or every day city use. Do you want it to be tactical friendly and not be noisy/bulky? or is baggy ok.

Wish I had the camo set I turned in when I left Special Forces(did get one camo liner, love it). Think I'll research finding a set online.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Ahhhhhh but unlike the air force(civilian in uniform) some of us traveled long and light on foot and the poncho and liner was more a bed and friend than the barracks/Hilton Inn. :)

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
I have to agree that a poncho dosent always keep water out but if you wear it right and dont move your arms then your ok. I like the option of keeping my gear dry too, not possible with just a rain jacket.

Go with the standered NEW US poncho with liner. it will be around $50 before shipping but its worth it.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
I just had to pick on him, no harm no foul meant. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
US military poncho & liner with zipper mod, not the cheep knock-offs.

It also depinds on what the poncho is for...outdoors or every day city use. Do you want it to be tactical friendly and not be noisy/bulky? or is baggy ok.
i agree with this guy, maybe get an extra poncho for a hooch!

·
Deeds of Flesh
45 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "all". But if uscav stiffed people, they wouldn't have lasted all these years. Same with colemans, don't confuse them with the cheap camping stuff.
Thanks sorry I am unfamiliar with a lot of online sites and always fear getting burned.
Damn shame colemans has some great stuff but does not accept CC from Canada..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Extra Ponchos

I did not know if any of you all had seen these before, but I bought a set. They come in a five pack, and I have had mine for several months now. Came in handy during Ike.
These are very thick and large enough to do some good for making a hooch.
Yes, I will always love the US issue, but for throwing in the trunk or ruck for emergency, these are great.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=271373

1 - 20 of 20 Posts