Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
there is no place on line anymore, the shipping cost is about a 100. for every 150 pounds. some think Honeyville is cheap because they ship anywhere for 4.95 but their food in 15 bucks more that Bobs Red mill. for wheat and corn, i'd go to the local feed store, rice was 9 dollars for 25 lbs at costcos last week.
without getting shafted to bad, you'll have to just shop around local for bargins.

unless you're in a place that is close to Bobs or honeyville and can get four people to go in and drive there to buy a whole load.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Wow guys, thanks for all the quick replies. I will check into the sites mentioned. I am totally new at this so I didn't realize about a local feed store. So I just poped in a local one and noticed they had a ton of animal feed that I would of never thought they would carry, including several types of beans and corn. All of it looked very clean even though they look funny at me when I asked if it was safe to be consumed by humans. $9 for a 50lb bag of whole corn sounds too good to be true.

Sam's club had 50lb bag of rice for $23, so the $40 membership fee pays for itself once you factor in the difference of shipping.

I have seen the youtube video on food packing using feed wheat. Would It be safe to assume the same is true for most feed grains/beans? If so It would save us a ton of money.

Thanks again

yes, get the yellow dent corn,not deer corn. get the hard red or hard white wheat.. the hard white is better for bread.
there is no such thing as one field for humans and one for animals, if cows are eating it, you are going to eat it anyway, either in the meat or the milk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.