Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Thread Ender
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had a good recommendation for business casual appropriate shoes that will hold up if they end up being the pair you are wearing when SHTF. I have seen some nice Keen and Merrell brand hiking shoes that look like they would pass in the office environment and in a sticky bugout situation. But I haven't had any first had experience with any such shoes. I've always had separate shoes for each need. But lately I have been thinking to minimize and combine the two. I need to make it up to the Bass Pro to see what they have. But in the meantime anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Thread Ender
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking at the NOPO's. That is one of the specific shoes I had in mind and would like to get my hands on in person and try them on for a test run. I hadn't seen the other pair, but they remind me of a pair of Sketchers that I currently have and wear to work sometimes. So I think they would do the job. But the NOPO's are a little more dressy and along the lines of what I was looking for.

Definitely let me know if you get em how they work out for you.

Thanks!

·
Isaiah 40:31
247 Posts
Are we talking traditional Business Casual? Slacks and a button up collared shirt? I had some boots from Ecko that passed off really well as dress shoes, but still had good ankle support and were comfortable.

Myself, if I'm teaching, I wear my old black boots, it's fun to see how many soldiers pick up on that. It's kind of how I establish my credibility as well, without having to say anything, they see the "old school" boots with a good shine on them and pick up on it. If we're going out to the field, I'm in my comfy tan boots that are already super beat up. My business casual is 5.11 pants and a polo.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'm going to get a pair at some point I'm tickled they are making shoes right here in Portland, north Portland or NoPo to be exact!

·
Still standing
1,255 Posts
High-top shoes, even boots

I wear high-top shoes, even boots to work. I also keep spare clothes / shoes at work. I work where one should look civilized and nobody says anything to me about my footwear. Mind-you, I keep these boots shined -- good leather, always waxed. (I've got an old Sgt-Major hard-wired into my brain.)

Certain brands of work boots (steel toed work boots) have these squishy heels. Get squishy heels and your feet, even your back, will last longer during a day, during a lifetime. I used to wear regular boots and over the years, they beat my skeleton to death. You don't want a sprained ankle or plantar fasciitis in a SHTF situation.

If people stare at your feet, ask them what the hell is wrong with them.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Iv got Rohdes shoes which are from Germany that are the most comfy ones Iv every found, but they arent ultra smart.

Most people I know wear one pair to the office and then keep a second pair there to change into.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've enjoyed wearing wolverines over the years. Some are more business casual than others. They fit well and don't give me back problems over the course of the day like other shoes.

I am definitely going to have to try out a pair of Keen brand shoes though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
White Boots makes a kinda dress shoe. It's their Semi-Dress line. Not cheap but White Boots are built very well.

Why not keep a pair of boots in the BOB in your car?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wear Merrell. My hiking boots are Merrell, and my work shoes (I work in an office) are Merrell. They've never disappointed me.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
If you have to wear a suit or coat/tie I'd go with Rockports. It should go without saying you should have a good pair of hiking boots stashed in your car along with your BOB.

·
Look Behind You!!
1,586 Posts
Once you have had a pair of Keens, you won't want another shoe... Period.
They mold to your feet and the longer you wear them, the better they feel.

·
gonna need a bigger boat
35 Posts
Id go with Georgia Boot Romeos. Polished up they look real nice, they're waterPROOF, good heel support, and they'll last you forever. I have a pair that have lasted me 3 years now. And this is with everyday use and a monthly (or so) hiking or camping trip. They are pretty heavy, but also the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. Also a little on the cheaper side of the bill. Some are steel shanked or stee-toed if you prefer it. The choice is yours this simply my .02 cents

·
Fenced In
3,439 Posts
I bought some Guide Gear slip-on shoes with steel toes and great traction that look nice enough to wear to work, church, etc.

I think they cost less than $30. I keep them in a nightstand along with a flashlight (and near my gun safe) in case something goes bump in the night and I don't want to be barefoot in the dark.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've worn Doc Martens in the office environment for the last 20+ years . Keep a good polish on them and they look great. That being said, the last pair I had were the first pair I'd received that were "made in china" and not the UK, and they didn't last nearly as long, nor were they as comfortable over the long haul. You can still get the made in UK versions but they are pricey.

Just my $.02... YMMV

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
maybe that's the problem I had the china doc's they never fit my feet well !

Merrell are good shoes too I have several pairs of the slip on shoes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts