Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best hiding Spot? when the government is coming for your guns?

It's sad but really true. Hopefully this doesn't happen again like Hurricane Katrina. I live in Wisconsin and i didn't even know citizen gun were confiscated by our own GOVERMENT in katrina! I have to do my own research, took me 2-3 months to find out, I'm slow but yea. Since the DAM MEDIA, don't tell us everything that is true.

So what's that best hiding spot? basement, in walls, underground, and etc?

For me i was thinking of of under the insulating in the attic because my attic is not a finish attic. P.S - think this is good idea?

My second idea was buying a huge "teddy bear or stuff animal" and stuff it in?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Why hide them ?? You wont be able to use them .....................

If its time to hide them , its time to use them .
I agree. When a country based on individual freedom starts seizing the means of revolt-it's time to revolt. However, if you need to hide weapons , don't hide them anywhere that can be connected to you. Find a spot you know will never be bulldozed, like public land or right of way. If the weapons are not registered, wipe them down for finger prints, inside and out, including the ammo. That way if they are discovered accidentally, there will be no connection to you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't hide it if a huge mob of freedom loving stand up and fight i'll join them,let's say 100 brave soul. If it's only me and 3-9 brave soul, we'll be outnumber by the goverment dogs(meaning cops and etc..) since they will be wearing bodyarmor and **** like that. Rifle does a good job at killing armor.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
You may want to stash something and here is why: Say the military comes thru and locks down your town on their way to the Big City to close it down.

For a day or two, they may linger while supplying up or whatnot. the local LEO asks them for help while they are here. They go around and help the local LEO collect what guns they can. A few days later, they pack up, leave 5 or 6 guys (MAYBE) to help the local LEO and continue on to ATL, Chicago, Birmingam, Dallas, New York, etc.

So a week later, the odds are back in your group's favor. You break out what you stashed and handle your business.

Sound logical?? Just a thought.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Under the slab of any sidewalk, concrete driveway, garage slab, or dug down below any foundation footing.

There, I said it and there isn't a damn thing they have that can detect guns under a mesh, rebar or steel reinforced slab of concrete. And no they won't jackhammer up the entire countryside and every building footing to find them.

Pass it on.

·
Go to guy
661 Posts
It all depends how ling you desire them to be hidden. In your house the insulation idea is not bad. Up in suspended ceilings is another similar one. Others include in hollowed out books(handguns) in toilet tanks, falsewalls, inside a mattress, freezers, esentially the last place that you would think to look. The septic tank is a good one that is mentioned above, placed in canisters (store bought or homemade) and burried in a garden, in an animal container(dog house, bird cage, fish tank), false bottom of a trash can,etc are all areas that have been used. Use your imagination and you will come up with all kids of ideas.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have done some thinking on this subject, and if the tyrants come while I am away I have instrucyed the wife to turn the house guns over with no fight. I would not want her shooting it out with the so called authorities.
Now this is the part that I feel a little funny sharing with so many eyes reading this but if I can keep one person armed then iy is worth it
So here it goes, the bas%#rds that come to take them will most likely have metal detectors or scanners so the normal hiding places probably are not going to work.
What I did was bought some 8 inch pvc tube cut to 5-6 ft., two caps for the tubing one solid and one threaded, pipe tape,Pipe glue, two rachet straps, desecant. I then put the caps on wait for the glue to set insert rifle, ammo, and other supplies in the the finished tube with the desecant and put your pipe tape on the cap and seal it up. What I have done is take the bark off of the trees indiginess to my area and skinned the outside of the tube. Take a ladder or climing tree stand and using your two racher straps hang the tube 15-20 feet from the ground. Then all you need when TSHTF is a monkey wrench and your ladder/treestand and a knife to cut the straps and your good to go. You do not even see these from the ground and it is hard to scan or detect something that high. I have a few of these around, what I have done is made a small tube with both gps with extra batteries, and old fashion compass with a map to all of my seperate tubes. This way I do not have to remember every tree just the one.
I would suggest Moslin for the gun the cheap but functional, and with this you can upgrade your weapon. Anyone ever heard of the liberator in WWII. Anyone want futher instruction just drop me a line.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You mean do the "Scarface" routine? Shouting f*ck a lot while dying violently at the hands of the representatives of the law?

I think I would have chosen a different path, but each to his own..
I think the people who take this route in the initial phase of gun confiscation are going to end up dead. Shooting at the people rounding up guns isn't going to suddenly make them go away.. It's going to make them call for backup.. Then everyone in Rambo's house gets killed and in the news the next day there's a headline "Crazy survivalist cult leader ambushed police with an AK-47".

If some form of revolution is already under way and it is a last stand, then fine.. But I've thought a lot about this lately and think I will end up simply not having any guns around to be confiscated.. And be there to protect my family and friends, rather than get taken out in the first play of the game..

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
The idea of storing a gun inside of a toy is NOT a good one if you either *have* children or if children *ever* visit your home... Just a thought.

It's sad but really true. Hopefully this doesn't happen again like Hurricane Katrina. I live in Wisconsin and i didn't even know citizen gun were confiscated by our own GOVERMENT in katrina! I have to do my own research, took me 2-3 months to find out, I'm slow but yea. Since the DAM MEDIA, don't tell us everything that is true.

For me i was thinking of of under the insulating in the attic because my attic is not a finish attic. P.S - think this is good idea?

My second idea was buying a huge "teddy bear or stuff animal" and stuff it in?

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
Without a doubt the safest place for YOUR guns is in MY safe. Box them up and send them well ahead of time. I'll keep them safe for you, take them out for exercise on occasion and even clean them after use... If you pay me enough I might even return to you when you need them...;):D::D:

Allan

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks, so anything that is plastic and is thick enough could shield the gun from Metal Detector? Also is there any other material that can shield against metal detector?

1 - 20 of 317 Posts