Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"BEST Genuine USGI Military Surplus Site on the Web?" Pretty self explanatory. :) Best selection, prices, etc etc. THANKS!! :thumb:

·
Registered
204 Posts
For between $50 and $100, if I wasn't OCONUS, I'd be straight in there selling these on the boards and ebay. Even though home is reasonably well-stocked, more preps wouldn't hurt.

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
For between $50 and $100, if I wasn't OCONUS, I'd be straight in there selling these on the boards and ebay. Even though home is reasonably well-stocked, more preps wouldn't hurt.
I'd be rocking eBay with that site too... if I could afford the initial investment. I may have to look into securing the funds. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'd be rocking eBay with that site too... if I could afford the initial investment. I may have to look into securing the funds. Thanks for the link!
Good luck with it Willie. That $50-100 I quoted earlier is not per pack obviously, it's for a pallet load or a triwall full.

Take a few of the best ones for yourself and for trade, flog the rest on ebay for say $35 (bargain) plus shipping. What's 245 packs x $35.00 each? Say, $8575.00. That's a lot of last minute preps you can buy if you get in before the crunch starts to force inflation up to ridiculous levels.

I don't need 245 packs either. Although I use civilian packs for the main BOBs, I already own quite a few ALICE packs in large and medium flavors for hasty caches and have another four or five for trade ATSHTF. I do need $8K though, especially in the near future.

MAKE SURE YOU ONLY GET PACKS WHICH ARE COMPLETE. You need the main sack, the frame, the left and right shoulder straps and the kidney pad. These may come disassembled, but for $35 for a large ALICE, you can sell them with "some assembly required". Putting an ALICE together isn't rocket science. Scruitinize the DRMO auction listings carefully to make sure you're getting everything you need to be able to use/move these things.

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
Good luck with it Willie. That $50-100 I quoted earlier is not per pack obviously, it's for a pallet load or a triwall full.

Take a few of the best ones for yourself and for trade, flog the rest on ebay for say $35 (bargain) plus shipping. What's 245 packs x $35.00 each? Say, $8575.00. That's a lot of last minute preps you can buy if you get in before the crunch starts to force inflation up to ridiculous levels.

I don't need 245 packs either. Although I use civilian packs for the main BOBs, I already own quite a few ALICE packs in large and medium flavors for hasty caches and have another four or five for trade ATSHTF. I do need $8K though, especially in the near future.

MAKE SURE YOU ONLY GET PACKS WHICH ARE COMPLETE. You need the main sack, the frame, the left and right shoulder straps and the kidney pad. These may come disassembled, but for $35 for a large ALICE, you can sell them with "some assembly required". Putting an ALICE together isn't rocket science. Scruitinize the DRMO auction listings carefully to make sure you're getting everything you need to be able to use/move these things.

Yeah, I was checking this stuff out last night. Unfortunately my eBay searching wasn't turning up what I was expecting. There must have been a flood of packs recently. The prices were lower than I remember them being about 6 months ago or so. The other thing that's steering me away from the idea now is distance. All the good auctions seem to be about 8 or 9 hours away, at least for auctions that seem to have about everything. I live in an apartment building, so I'd want to go pick up the stuff myself. There was one auction at Rock Island, IL for 137 medium LC-1, can't tell if they have straps though, from the pictures they definitely don't have frames though. The average price I was finding on eBay for non-framed, non-strapped was about $10 per pack. That would still make a decent profit if the auction price was right. And that would only be a 4 hour drive for me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
well close to me nellis finally has some good stuff, but i think they over did the amount with 40k pounds of fired brass....
if it was like 1k maybe, but 40k is just a little to much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts