Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to offer everyone a tip on how to get a great free item to help with firearm cleaning.

You all may think i am crazy but those mascara applicators that are in the sample area in makup sections of department stores, are simply awesome.

i grabbed a whole mess of them when i was stuck shopping black friday with my girlfriend at Macy's. they are a 3" long plastic shaft topped with a nylon wirebrush, but they are free. well unless you count your girlfriend whining about how embarrassing you are being a price....

they get deep into the action of my handgun and rifles, and i can bend them into any shape i want, because they were free! im sure i could order a box of them from someplace but why bother, my girlfriend just spent $20 on some black ink for her eye hairs so i think they can live without 10 nylon brushes.

anyway just wanted to pass on what i think is a good idea.

if you like it great, if you think its dishonest, well so is charging $120 for a bottle of smelly water.

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
I just wanted to offer everyone a tip on how to get a great free item to help with firearm cleaning.

You all may think i am crazy but those mascara applicators that are in the sample area in makup sections of department stores, are simply awesome.

i grabbed a whole mess of them when i was stuck shopping black friday with my girlfriend at Macy's. they are a 3" long plastic shaft topped with a nylon wirebrush, but they are free. well unless you count your girlfriend whining about how embarrassing you are being a price....

they get deep into the action of my handgun and rifles, and i can bend them into any shape i want, because they were free! im sure i could order a box of them from someplace but why bother, my girlfriend just spent $20 on some black ink for her eye hairs so i think they can live without 10 nylon brushes.

anyway just wanted to pass on what i think is a good idea.

if you like it great, if you think its dishonest, well so is charging $120 for a bottle of smelly water.

Not a Bad Deal.. I just used one to clean the Gas port hole on my AK.. I think I'm going to the Mall today to pick up some.. Also to replace the one I just got dirty, I don't think my wife can use it now.

·
Registered
9,531 Posts
I found some of those little nylon dental brushes that look loke tiny bore brushes...they were free and work great at getting the gunk out of threaded holes and such. I will have to check the perfume counter tho thanks for the tip...

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
The free toothbrushes from the dentist work well also. Next time you go to dentist, tell him you want extra brushes for the local homeless shelter drive you are having at work. I got like 20 of them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts