Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
40,555 Posts
Not sure what the OP’s post has to do with the their own title, but ok.
Pretty sure Best Buy has been in trouble since Amazon came around.
Retail thieves should be jailed immediately. Or better yet, have digits removed. I hate thieves and I’m tired of paying for their bad behavior.
I was sorta looking for information about Best Buy too. Oh well ... BOLs are interesting discussions too. As Alaskajohn said ... make a 180° turn from any and all cities and drive as far as you can in the opposite direction. When you see nobody ... you have arrived.

·
Purrpared
1,061 Posts
Got to believe from this (and the amount of literal crap on the streets of large cities) that we're well on the downward slide to becoming a third-world, Balkanized country: The rich get to live in enclaves where they make laws that have no connection to reality because their hired guards keep them safe from it. The rest of us get to live in a dystopian nightmare while trying to go to work, school and carry on household duties without becoming a CNN headline or a crime statistic.

A lot of my coworkers at the college came from third world countries. From what I've heard, having to lock up everything that can't move under its own power is a common characteristic.

Soon we'll all get to wait in yet another line when we need something from a brick and mortar store: The line to unlock what you need so you can examine it while the armed guard watches you, then walks you to the register before the next customer can be waited on. When I was a child in East L.A. the neighborhood liquor store (which sold a few food items as well because it was the closest store to our neighborhood) kept everything in locked cases or at the counter. On paydays you could spend an hour in there buying a bottle of beer and a burrito. Yes, they locked up the burritos because if they didn't the burritos would make like burros and walk away. Before they put the locked cases in, they were losing more product than they sold.

This will, of course, further doom retail shops and push people to shop online even more. Who wants to take your children to stand in a long line just to see if something is what you want, or worse, get caught up in a flash mob trying to steal everything and beat up a few customers in the process?

·
Dog Lives Matter
7,931 Posts
The theft problem can be solved, but I'm not sure how well consumers will like it. When I first moved to Minneapolis, there was a company called Best. It was no relation to Best Buy, which also started in Minneapolis. I don't know why Best disappeared.

The Best business model had showrooms with one of each item on the showroom floor. Electronics frequently had a cable security device, which made theft difficult. When you found something you liked, you grabbed a paper ticket and took it to the checkout. All inventory was kept in a warehouse in the back. Your order showed up at a window next to the checkout in a few minutes.

I've seen other companies with a similar retail model. If inventory is kept out of the reach of thieves and guards are empowered to take action against thieves, the thefts will stop.

The real root of the theft problem is the lack of prosecution. That requires voting out a lot of liberal politicians. Voters in the affected areas are too stupid to do that.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
The theft problem can be solved, but I'm not sure how well consumers will like it. When I first moved to Minneapolis, there was a company called Best. It was no relation to Best Buy, which also started in Minneapolis. I don't know why Best disappeared.

The Best business model had showrooms with one of each item on the showroom floor. Electronics frequently had a cable security device, which made theft difficult. When you found something you liked, you grabbed a paper ticket and took it to the checkout. All inventory was kept in a warehouse in the back. Your order showed up at a window next to the checkout in a few minutes.

I've seen other companies with a similar retail model. If inventory is kept out of the reach of thieves and guards are empowered to take action against thieves, the thefts will stop.

The real root of the theft problem is the lack of prosecution. That requires voting out a lot of liberal politicians. Voters in the affected areas are too stupid to do that.
Haven't been down to the Cities in a long time.

Must be really bad since I was there last.

·
Registered
194 Posts

Sounds like Blue Chip and S&H Green Stamps. Save up your stamps, go in, pick from a display model, and down the conveyor it comes. Wallah.

·
Happy to be here!
5,116 Posts
Its disturbing the disappearance of rol seen by petty and not so petty shoplifting. But white collar crime involves much much higher dollar amounts and invokes lesser penalties.
Where I lived in the Tampa Bay ara of Florida they are going after these groups and charging them with Racketeering (felony organized crime).

·
Premium Member
13,317 Posts
Makes sense to me but then again you actually have to care about crime in order to stop it.
Soros DA's don't care about stopping crime Milwaukee County District Attorney John T. Chisholm Promoter of Public Safety Through the Fair and Just Prosecution of Criminal Offenses is a stellar example of that...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very good, Joseph !

My area changed from luxury living to a problems magnet.....and the change happened very fast.

This town is becoming my 3rd ruined hometown for the same reason as the first 2. Still nice but sliding.
Building "low income housing" has now sent this once very nice community on the hellslide.
Violent crime? You can bet it's in one of those "complexes"

·
Bugged out already
4,584 Posts
Well, well, well. Apparently Best Buy is all butt hurt about the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict. They can take their store and shove it where they hurt. Their wokeness isn't protecting their stores from the mobs. Fitting. I hope they get flushed down the delete bin of life as they deserve to be.

LauraLoomer on GETTR

Font Multimedia Electronic device Display device Electric blue

·
Yup
939 Posts
I was in a CVS store last night and the signs at the cash register said no cash, charge cards only. I think it is probably going to be a permanent sign in that store. The demographics in that area are changing. I guess CVS is being racist.

·
Registered
14,372 Posts
Just relax everyone. Once all the evil capitalist stores are shut down by their minions, the left will step in with stores run by the party to keep us all under their thumb....I mean, supply us with everything they want is to have. Best Buy and others are just fighting for a place at the table; you have to toe the line and talk the narrative to stay in the game.

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Experts baffled by video showing San Francisco police apparently watching as burglary unfolds

3 cop cars, sitting, watching as thief runs out of the store and hops in a car & speeds away.

They may have been calling in descriptions, plate numbers, and directions. That probably is more effective long-term than 3 cops rushing in and grabbing 3 looters.

Although since it's Libtopia we're talking about, preventing crime is white supremacist, very 1619, so bad.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts