Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Jim,

I think you're going to find that as of this moment most of the bulk ammo suppliers are out of the most popular handgun, rifle and shotgun calibers and the ones that do have stock have jacked the prices up accordingly. Most of what I've found online in the last 30 days is off-brand import stuff; and I check most every day. For instance, I've seen Federal XM193 .223 go from under $400 per 1000 to as high as $620 per 1000 in the last 45 days. Gun show prices are no deal anymore either; it's mostly 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier import ammo at premium prices.

The best deals I've found have been at Walmart where if you check from store to store you can find Federal .223 in 100 round boxes for $39.95, 100 round boxes of WWB 9mm for $19.95 and .40 S&W WWB for $28.95. Once you get to a store if they don't have stock they can scan the item code and check stores within a specific distance. For instance, my normal Walmart was out of the .223 100 round boxes but when they checked stock another store on the other side of town had 485 boxes. The guy in sporting goods predicted it would sell out within 2-3 days and I believe it. Sort of odd to think of a Walmart with 48,500 rounds of .223 in stock.

Federal LE 12 ga 00 Buckshot in low-recoil or even standard is almost non-existent right now and when you do find it the price is about $1.25 per shell in boxes of five.

Let us know what you find and where.

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts
WalMart generally can't be beat, as far as target loads. WWB or Blazer Brass.

Georgia Arms is great if they come to a gunshow near you, since no shipping.
To OP:They DO frequent shows in LA.

- OS

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
WalMart generally can't be beat, as far as target loads. WWB or Blazer Brass.

Georgia Arms is great if they come to a gunshow near you, since no shipping.
To OP:They DO frequent shows in LA.

- OS
+1 for Georgia Arms.They carry pretty good ammo at a decent price.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
i would go to walmart and buy a few boxes a week or go here

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/

depending on how much your going to buy getting a membership can pay off by getting a few friends to throw in an order with yours to save on shipping.also Sportsmans guide's shipping is REALLY good specially if your ordering ALOT.once you go over $250 your shipping doesnt go up, so if you order $1k worth of ammo/items its still only $20. order $5k worth, shipping is still $20 .you got to watch some of these low prices on othersites they get you in the shipping. only place i have found the bottom line cheaper than sportsmans guide was walmart :thumb:

·
AAAH GET TO ZE CHOPPA!
1,554 Posts
I've had good experiences with ammunitiontogo.com when buying defense or specialty ammo, as well as when buying 250-500 rounds at a time.

For pistol range ammo, the shipping costs don't justify any savings I find online. I prescribe to the "box a week from walmart" school of thought.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
I've had good experiences with ammunitiontogo.com when buying defense or specialty ammo, as well as when buying 250-500 rounds at a time.

For pistol range ammo, the shipping costs don't justify any savings I find online. I prescribe to the "box a week from walmart" school of thought.
+1 i forgot about them, he is right they have good prices on specialty ammo :thumb:

like some ammos are made for law enforcement only, doesnt mean we can have it .it just means the manufactorer only wants it sold to law enforcement

·
Wide awake
1,963 Posts

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Can anyone tell me if this brass is good enough for reloads?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/7_62x39.html
It needs to say boxer primed, not berdan primed.

Now in a pinch someone with skills could cobble together 10-20 rounds if they had the powder and bullets, but only about 1 in 500 could pull this off. Many would missfire.

Google reloading berdan primed shells. Some folks are doing fine with .223 but the .30 cals are close to impossible to convert safely.

Buy Boxer primed and you will be fine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts