Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hiker
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I would like to hear your views on what the best bug out location would be when the SHTF. lets say one scenario lasts about 2 weeks-1 month and the other lasts 3 months or more. I'd also like to hear if your bug out locations would change depending if the SHTF scenario turned particularly violent (mad max style)

·
Hiker
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would you want to bug out? Start preparing now and bug in! :D:
Your completely right:thumb: but sadly i dont have the finances to prep for an extended period of time and if it got violent i might have to consider a safer location. After a conversation on another thread i'm thinking it might be better to bugout to a farm in the wheat belt.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
damo, Im impressed that some one would take my advice. You have to do what you think is right for your own circumstanses. Me personally I feel if it ever gets bad enough that you want to bug out, its a one way trip and you probably never return. Bugging out for a week or a mth or so is just like a kinda holiday to avoid a cyclone or something and doesnt really matter were you go. Doesnt take a lot of money to prep a bit to bug in . rice is cheap as most other bulk foods are, just eat what you stock and keep rotating. If you want to bug out to a farm you need to cultivate a realtionship with a farmer now. Dont just become a wonderin refo. Thinking cost nothing, and thats what your doing now so thats great.

·
Winter is coming.
2,898 Posts
Anywhere you know your way around, have people you can trust and can survive off the available resources in the area.

Of course any situation big enough to cause a Mad Max style calamity will probably lay waste to large portions of the planet. Just be lucky enough not to be in one of those areas and you're half way there.

I'm comfortable on the South Coast of WA and I live here so staying local is my best bet.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Your completely right:thumb: but sadly i dont have the finances to prep for an extended period of time and if it got violent i might have to consider a safer location. After a conversation on another thread i'm thinking it might be better to bugout to a farm in the wheat belt.
Do you know any farmer at the wheat belt? Listen to dillin, he/she has good advice. I live on a farm and if things get bad enough to cause people to bug out I will not be accepting anyone who just wonders onto my farm, in fact any strangers will be viewed as threat and treated as such. Trust needs to be earned over time. I have a friend whose grandparents were betrayed by someone whose life they saved and whom they sheltered and hid from the Nazi during WWII, I will be very wary of anyone who is not family or close friend. Start making friends with farmers now if you are thinking about bugging out to a farm.

·
Winter is coming.
2,898 Posts
Its certainly remote out there and the people are friendly enough. Plenty of good fishing on the south coast. Inland the land is pretty unforgiving, i wouldn't fancy your chances of living off the land out there unless you were extreamly experienced. You'd be eating a lot of snakes, lizards and roo's unless of course you're happy to poach the locals livestock. Fruit and vegies would be hard to come by out there unless you grow your own. Apart from Pigface on the coast i dont know of any common native edible plants out that way, although i'm sure there probably are some.
A good place for a 'homestead' type setup I reckon if you have a nice big rainwater tank.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In the event of a civil unrest or natural disaster, just stay where you are, coast access means plenty of fish and knowing the area you live in will be an advantage. Its natural to think somewhere is better than where you are and somebody else may think where you are is better for them also. Unless in immediate danger e.g.natural disaster, crime rate etc, make the best of where you are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts