Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
operatorchan.org
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to go to an A5 length buffer tube on one of my rifles. Who makes the best quality for the price? Vltor? Magpul? V7? Others?
I am a little hesitant to purchase a V7 because I have one of their carbine buffer tubes and my Magpul MOE stock was loose on it. I ended up putting some loop Velcro on it and now it's very much on the tight side. Is that a known issue with MOE stocks and V7 tubes?

·
Lord of Irrelevance
629 Posts
I run an SMF Tactical on one of my builds. Good piece for around $80 and works well with my Magpul furniture

·
operatorchan.org
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I run an SMF Tactical on one of my builds. Good piece for around $80 and works well with my Magpul furniture
I don't see an A5 length buffer tube on their site. Can you provide a link to their A5 buffer tube?

·
operatorchan.org
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I bought it at a LGS and it was tagged as A5 but I believe SMF just calls it a 7 way extended tube
Ah I see. That is their super long tube. I think it's longer than rifle length. With an adjustable stock at minimum distance on the buffer tube I suppose it would be ok for my preferred LOP. How is your AR configured with that? I'm going to check their buffer and spring requirements. I'm thinking this may be worth looking into for use on one of my .308 ARs. Provided that the B5 stock I have on it would fit and not have an insane LOP.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Wood

·
Lord of Irrelevance
629 Posts
Hooked to a Magpul PRS and sitting behind a 18" heavy stainless Bear Creek upper in Wylde

I've got crazy long arms for 6'2 so I needed to find more range and adjustability

1 - 6 of 6 Posts