Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a new .22 (LR) this year, and I was wondering if any of you had a few suggestions on which one to buy? I need something inexpensive, but also reliable and well built. Any thoughts?

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
I love my 10/22 Ruger mine is the Carbine model. They are about the most popular 22 rifle out there.

·
Banned
653 Posts
I like my Rossi pump, its more accurate than my 10/22 and it breaks down into two parts for transport or concealment.

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
Ive been told ruger 10/22

·
Registered
417 Posts
marlin 60. no fluff all stuff. I have ruger 10/22 as well and it is great, but my model 60 is just better. a 6 dollar tasco scope on one of them and i can shoot matchheads at 150 yards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Guess I'm an oddball. I have had a 10/22 and honestly didn't care for it too much. Recently got a Savage Mark IIG and love it. Tons more accurate than a factory 10/22 at least the one I had which was also new, and prefer bolt rifles anyhow. Only downside to it is that the ten round mags dig into your shoulder when slung, other than that absolutely love it.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Sweeper is Right. A Ruger 10/22 Long Rifle either in wood or synthetic is a great option. Also for less money Savage makes a good .22 Rifle. If you want a pistol go with a Walther P22 Semi-Automatic or a Ruger .22 Cowboy style Revolver. Although Smith & Wesson makes a nice .22 Revolver as well!

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
two words....................remington viper. i can hit a can of spraypaint at 300 yards. never jams for me. looks cool. has a distinctive sound.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts