Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thinking about picking one up for my wife and as a pocket gun. Anuone have an opinion on them?

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
I have one. Had a couple of Failure to Feed issues. But they all seem to be with Wolf ammo or an aftermarket mag that I got at a gun show. Otherwise it seems to like everything else I've put into it. It's really easy to disassemble and clean. It shoots pretty well too. Fairly accurate. I say pick one up if you have the chance.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Had one for 8 years qualified with it day and night firing each year average score of 98%. I used it for a CCW. My step son got a ccw so I gave it to him and picked me up a Kel tec 380 this year. Wish I had the Bersa back. Never used wolf ammo and never had any problems a cleaning would not cure.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have one my Dad left me when he passed away. Never had any problems with it , I always use S&B or Federal ammo when I practice.

·
Registered
839 Posts
They are good guns. They do however as stated have some failure problems occassionally. You may have to have the feed ramp polished as I did mine and also use factory magazines. But overall a good gun for the money.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Check out Bersa Talk. I did my research and bought a Bersa 9UC, but the 380 are thier babies on that site. If you want to know about a Bersa no matter what it is go there. I hear the Bersa 380 is more reliable than most walthers in the same caliber at half the price so I say jump. Bersa mags are pricey no matter what you get, If you need more than 2-4 mags start doing some math.... it gets expensive.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Bersa USED to be cheap junk, I use the term USED to be. I have been told by MANY they really improved, but once bitten twice shy...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bought mine brand new and experienced several failures to feed, but after putting about 200 or so rounds through it the feed ramp smoothed itself out. Avoid semi-wadcutters in the begining. After four years of shooting it pretty regularly I haven't had one single failure to feed. The only other malfunctions I've ever experienced with mine were stovepipes purely due to limp-wristing. I carry mine a lot and definitely trust it with my life. GREAT pistol for the money!

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Dremel tool with some polish will do wonders on those feed ramps

·
Oath Keeper
173 Posts
I have a Bersa Thunder 380cc in nickel and its been a great gun, no failures to feed or fire. Although mine would not even chamber some cheap steel stuff I had. Check out bersatalk.com. Great little guns.

Flag2442

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Same as above.. I owned one and really loved it.. Only reason I got rid of it was because I no longer wanted to carry that small of a round.. other than that I had no problems with the gun..

The Bersas remind me of Honda.. They started out questionable and people kind of shun them because of the price, but I think Bersa is now able to compete with anyone as far as quality and reliability in the same class handgun.. I love bersa and I'm sure I'll pick another one of theirs in the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts