Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first jam in the Bersa .380. It was a misfeed into the chamber. I tried to pull back the side again, tap the slide forward, removed the clip and then held back the slide while the round fell out in my hand. I put the round back into the chamber and attempted to fire without the magazine in. I had forgotten that there is a safety on the gun that stops the firing if you do not have the magazine in the hundgun. Anyways I thought it was worth a look.

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
I had that issue with mine firing from a promag magazine (got duped at the gunshow). I also had that problem firing wolf ammo. It happened once with Hornady hollow points and once with Sellier and Bellot FMJs as well. Both happened though with the promag magazine. It happened 5 times with the wolf out of 100 rounds and happened once with the factory mag and 4 times with the promag magazine. I got fairly good at clearly the misfeed quickly that range trip.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Semi autos that work fine then start to malfunction, leads me to check the following, lubrication, magazine, ammunition. After I rule those out I look to malfunctions with the weapon itself.
Peter

·
Registered
645 Posts
Rules for Bersa owners:

Rule one: never get a pro mag for any of your guns

Rule two: switch to gibbs brand lubricant (that goes for ever one who owns a gun)

Rule three: If you follow rule one and two stop worrying, your gun is just as good if not better than most going for twice the price.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,679 Posts
Bersa like factory mags and need to be cleaned from time to time.

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
it's now junk and I have to collect it from you. I will send a pre-paid box to cover shipping. I will offer the current aluminum spot price though, total I should send you is about $2.00 is this ok? Maybe I will throw in a few extra dollars since your a friend :):):)

Looks good man, probly needs the bugs worked out a bit like all newer guns do. Good to see you out there again :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts