Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ego Dominus Vos
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the f*&k do I get the shell restrictor outta the tube? The f*&kin manual is useless, states it will come out but doesn't describe how to get it OUT ... ugh

·
Wilddieb
2,249 Posts
Usually it is just a wooden stick in the tube. So that you just can load e.g. 2 rounds into the tube.

You should be able to open the tube (front end) to get the stick out.

Detailed disassemble information should be in the manual (how to disassemble the tube).

·
Ego Dominus Vos
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually it is just a wooden stick in the tube. So that you just can load e.g. 2 rounds into the tube.

You should be able to open the tube (front end) to get the stick out.

Detailed disassemble information should be in the manual (how to disassemble the tube).
It looks to be orange plastic, but the manual does not show disassembly instructions, only a blow up of available mag extensions accessories ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Possible solution

It might be worth your time to find the instruction PDF online - i've seen it around, and it details how to remove the magazine restriction.

I came across one randomly a while back.

·
Wilddieb
2,249 Posts
There should be a screw on the tube magazine front end. Remove, inside there is the magazine spring and the "restriction device" and follower. Some years ago this has been a wooden stick.

What model did you buy? If you run into problems ask the guy who sold it, they should have experience in removing...if it is legal to have a higher capacity.

·
Ego Dominus Vos
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There should be a screw on the tube magazine front end. Remove, inside there is the magazine spring and the "restriction device" and follower. Some years ago this has been a wooden stick.

What model did you buy? If you run into problems ask the guy who sold it, they should have experience in removing...if it is legal to have a higher capacity.
Yup legal in my state for SD, but not for hunting, it must have the restrictor in place while hunting ...

·
Ego Dominus Vos
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might be worth your time to find the instruction PDF online - i've seen it around, and it details how to remove the magazine restriction.

I came across one randomly a while back.
I have the pdf manual and the paper one, both are worthless. And the company I purchased from are no longer in business, they were a larger chain store that went under last year.

·
Wilddieb
2,249 Posts
Can you post a picture of the front end of your shotgun, especially the magazine tube? Perhaps I can give you some more detailed hints...it should be fairly simple to unscrew...

We have the same situation: 2 +1 only allowed for hunting, larger capacities for other uses.

I'll be back on January 1st. Until then, happy new year.

·
Dust of the Earth
757 Posts
1) Unscrew the cap on the end of the magazine.
2) Take the barrel off.
3) Load the magazine.Third shell will take a little pressure, but will push the rod enough that you can pull it the rest of the way.
4) Reassemble and you're good to go.

btw- Get some "snap caps" or dummy shells for working on your shotgun. It's just safer. Be sure and get metal ones because the plastic ones break and cause all kinds of grief. "A Zoom" is a good reasonably priced brand.

This link is for a mossberg, but it's essentially the same.

·
Ego Dominus Vos
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1)

btw- Get some "snap caps" or dummy shells for working on your shotgun. It's just safer. Be sure and get metal ones because the plastic ones break and cause all kinds of grief. "A Zoom" is a good reasonably priced brand.
Got Zoom snap caps for all our weapons, use them to train the ole lady and kids ... much safer for ME ;)

·
Dust of the Earth
757 Posts
Ok, you see the two holes in the little black plate covering the end.... insert the ends of needle nose pliers and squeeze. The cap should lift out. That's what holds your assembly in. Just be very careful to watch how it's assembled, so you get it back together right. If you can't do it yourself then you'll end up at a gunsmith anyway, so doesn't hurt to try. Mossberg and remmington tell you to shake it out, but always have to push it out by loading the mag. I've never done it on a Benelli, but aside from the little differences in assembly I think it's pretty much the same. If it holds and cycles shells when your done then you did it right.

·
Dust of the Earth
757 Posts
Should mention that some manufacturers are using indentions in the side of the mag to restrict shells instead of the dowel. Check for those first....

From another post...

"That's exactly how my Nova 12 gauge worked. Unscrew the cap, remove the snap ring (hold it tight, it will try to take off), slide the spring out and remove the orange plastic "post" that's in the spring, reinstall spring and snap ring, and replace the cap that holds the barrel in place."

Apparently the snap ring on the end is holding back the spring so keep your thumb on it or it's gonna shoot across the room.

·
Ego Dominus Vos
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Snap ring pliers might possibly work better, as they are designed for those type of rings, gotta dig thru my tool box ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts