Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks good especially after you finish thatching it. It is so important to make that first experience for the kids one that they will remember as pleasant so don't be shy on the thatching and heat reflector and the hot chocolate maybe even some smores? ;)
Enjoy!

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
That looks awesome. I may try that in a couple weeks when I go camping.

·
Registered
76 Posts
excellent skill to teach them.

though I must admit when I read the title, I thought you were headed out to the woods to get drunk...:D:

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Is this shelter a temperary shelter? Will the needles eventually fall off and leave space for the wind/rain to enter?

I think it is a wonderful day that you and your kids are having. I especially like the idea of the fire and hot chocolate.

·
Registered
959 Posts
what a great day in the woods.that is awesome ..i tip my hat to you and the kids.

in your neck of the woods their is a guy named Ben Law he has a couple of books out you might like.one is called 'Woodland Way'.

good job.keep at it!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
with a title like "bender in the woods" i was expecting a tale of a drunken outing. pleasantly surprised! nice job bringing the kiddies in on it too!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
with a title like "bender in the woods" i was expecting a tale of a drunken outing. pleasantly surprised! nice job bringing the kiddies in on it too!

over here bender is slang for a homosexual so theres much s******ing and laughter at the title here!

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
While I am very impressed with your bender, I'm more impressed with the sight of you and your little ones working together. You're good people, Fish.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I really think it is great you teaching your boys such cool and useful things. To many parents let video game, and cable television raise their childeren. I have been teaching my three year old surval stuff already. Kids are very reseptable at early ages as long as you make it fun for them.
We have to remember that our children will be the ones that inherit the mess we have made so we need to prepare them.:thumb::thumb:

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts