Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Is it so hard for people to do a quick image search to include in their posts. We have a forum with good software that will host the images and many different kinds of video. Why not "dazzle" up your posts with images of what your talking about.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
I was close to getting that exact knife but decided aganst it. there plenty better in that price range. I could never get any feed back on it and i only found one review on it.

what is this knife going to be used for?

from what i can find it is 440c, i chose to get a CS SRK instead...which i kindof regret now but thats ok, its still a nice knife.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The use I intend for it: Mainley a hunting knife and secondarely a survival knife.

Leif the lucky: I do not know how to get the picture in the post. Any info on that?

Regards

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
It's a good hunting knife design and that will do double duty as a decent utility knife. My only issue is that I don't care for 440c steel...yeah, I'm a little of a knife snob, but I would much prefer the 1095 steel in the CSK. Both the Rant and CSK have a pretty thin tip, so they won't be a good choice for rough use (digging into logs or dirt for roots, drilling or rough scoring in bone or other harder materials); I much prefer the spear point design such as the Nimravus exhibits. The good news is that Benchmade does a great job on their designs and you really can go wrong with that choice for the price. I do like the thinner stock they use as they are better slicers and for that design, that's exactly what you want. I would just recommend that you get a plain edge version and avoid the partial serrated blades...if you need a serrated edge buy a separate fully serrated Spyderco folding knife.

ROCK6

1 - 9 of 9 Posts