Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Your house yes......the land, never.

The land will always belong to the state.
,, the assessment I receive every year in feb(for may(spring) and fall(nov) property taxes is for "any" upgrades Ive done(porches, decks,shed privacy fence etc) and the assessed value of the house itself..nothing on there that states that any or all property taxes is for the land the house SITS on.
It does give measurements as to the lots dimensions and such.

Ive always been told that "my "land"(w/house), will never be owned by the state as long as I or my descendants pay the property taxes. or till they pull that "emminant domain"(spelling) crap ,even then they have to come up with a "fair" market value".

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,429 Posts
Yes I do own my home free and clear. I also have a physical deed and have filed a homestead declaration which protects me deed against leans.

The article describes cases of fraud. Fraud carried out by bankers who have no deed, no title, and no mortgage instruments on a home, yet they get away with take temporary possession on it.

The bankers need to be charged with crimes.

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
My land has been in the family since 1888... was homesteaded and remains as such... I own the mineral rights under law, and the water rights under law....all 840 acres are in my name and mine only.... and i have the deed on hand at all times...

The homestead act covers this... though it was at one time cancelled... mine fell under the grandfather clause... so no one can legally take mine away from me under any non legal authority...

·
Banned
7,017 Posts
My land has been in the family since 1888... was homesteaded and remains as such... I own the mineral rights under law, and the water rights under law....all 840 acres are in my name and mine only.... and i have the deed on hand at all times...

The homestead act covers this... though it was at one time cancelled... mine fell under the grandfather clause... so no one can legally take mine away from me under any non legal authority...
"They" can change the law then take your land. I don't trust 'em!

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,897 Posts
Dunno...

Banks are a lot like Lucifer in any of the tales about deals made with the Devil...

Generally the buyers signing the contract find out later that there are some nasty surprises waiting, and then discover the small print that screws them to the wall.

But, like the Devil, many times banks went along and allowed people to have a hand in their own undoing.

How many people who are screwed today knowingly bought more house than they could afford because they planned to flip it and make a killing?

How many buyers went for the Adjustable Rate Mortgage because that pretty well topped out what they could afford each month, disregarding the fact that ARMs could adjust up rapidly - because they bet the market would continue to rise?

How many people bought more house than they could reasonably expect to pay for, just because the banks would loan them the money?

Obviously not everyone who is now in trouble made decisions based on greed or ignorance, but a huge number of people did. They were piling on that bandwagon. The banks were certainly willing to smile and finance buyers when they knew the loans were either high risk or insane....but lots and lots of home buyers willingly participated in their own screwing.

To paraphrase John Wayne:

"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
"They" can change the law then take your land. I don't trust 'em!

honestly they have tried 3 times since 2000 and every time they lost, the ones that tried to sieze it were claiming imminent domain, but since they want a sub division they lost all the way to the state supreme court...

The big shots in the capital building tried once to annex it all into BLM land and that failed as well...

as long as i build something on it every 5 years... no one can touch it... and since my land tax is only a small 1 grand a year under an old law here in the state... they can push daisys if they want to ever get it before they die...

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
Just more reasons to burn all of the banks to the ground.
Do you currently have any bank accounts?

If you don't like banks - Don't use them. Other do like them and you would be doing a great harm to all these people.

BOA and some of the big banks can be less then nice. The simple solution is to find a smaller local bank.

Sure, lets burn the banks and shut down the oil companies. Really! Idiots!

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
Yes I do own my home free and clear. I also have a physical deed and have filed a homestead declaration which protects me deed against leans.

The article describes cases of fraud. Fraud carried out by bankers who have no deed, no title, and no mortgage instruments on a home, yet they get away with take temporary possession on it.

The bankers need to be charged with crimes.
An the people who lied about their income because they did not have to provide proof at the time should also be charge with a crime.

·
Free Born
2,446 Posts
I never really understood the legal justification for taxing the same object more than once.
There is no justification for taxing at all IMO.

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him."
— Robert A. Heinlein

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
First -- I have never had a loan for anything-- House, car, etc. Have owned 2 new homes. Also never had a credit card. I hate banks.
Second-- Isn't your property based on the fair market value of the property. If so the valve has gone down at least 20% , Souldn't your taxes go down. Do we follow the law or not. Pops

·
Spyder Rider
1,809 Posts
Where do you get the money to fund Police, Fire Depts, road repairs, street lights, the court system, health dept, schools, library, and the dog catcher?

Should you increase the state income tax?

Maybe start a county income tax?

Or do you want everyone to live without these services?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Where do you get the money to fund Police, Fire Depts,
I'm ok taxing for these

road repairs, street lights,
Privatize the streets. Each street takes care of theirs

the court system,
Volunteer

health dept,
WTF?

schools,
Remember catholic schools? Either that or private or homeschool

library,
Charity

and the dog catcher?
Got me on this one

Should you increase the state income tax? No

Maybe start a county income tax?No

Or do you want everyone to live without these services?
For the most part, yes

·
Registered
596 Posts
Nobody owns land. One may possess the license to use it, that's all.
You may think that you "own" the land, but the guys with the bigger guns will make it clear that you don't.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts