Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice this weekend I went out to my shed where most of my supplies are stored to look for something I needed. Both times it took alot of time to find these two items. It made me realize that I am not fully aware of where some important things are. I plan to make a inventory checklist for each bag I have. I would have hated to be in that situation during a emergency. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
34,330 Posts
Tuperwear totes...

Put Duct tape on thema nd write the contense on the tape.

If it's alot of different stuff... tape a ziplock bag on the side and put an inventory sheet in the bag.

This way, you can go through everythign w/o opening or unstacking.

·
Accuracy is Final
475 Posts
Definetly a good idea. I did the same myself but for a different reason. I packed a bag for my girfriend whom I live with. She appriciates the idea of being prepared but did not want to put a bag together herself. I packed her a bag and placed an inventory of it inside the bag on the top where she will find it when she opens it. The reason I did this is incase I am not there when she needs to grab it, she will instantly be able to tell what is inside so she can plan accordingly without having to rumage through the bag.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I have to go through my stuff every three months to be sure batteries are fresh, food is okay. I have gone to putting together my bags with one for each person in house plus hazardous bag (Radiation survey meter, material to close up room if have to) tools bag and boxes, etc. I have to keep them manageble size to get into vehicles. Each vehicle has kits in them as well. Weapons are a whole different matter. Doing an inventory is a very good idea.

Date stuff when you put it in your kit and see if there is an expiration date on any of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts