Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
That is soooooo cute. :) (And I don't use that word very often.) Love the little house thingy. Can see where you're planning to add more - and I commend you on the wisdom of not starting too big. Had a friend in Florida do a garden that was 1/2 acre - first year. On sand. Just about did his head in and he didn't get much out of it at all.

Well done. Gorgeous.

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is a large empty space down the center, next year i will add on. We also have 2 other gardens one for pumpkins,watermellon ect. and a berry garden. its nice 99% weed free, waters itself, almost no work involved

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had alot of fun building it. I will post pictures in the spring when i have completed phase 2

·
Registered
986 Posts
Just a suggestion, with your beds being so small, if you can find it get some manure on top of those before winter sets in. Then in spring add a good all round fertilizer, then turn them over with a shovel so all the nutrients are at the bottom of the bed where the roots will be, to encourage strong healthy growth. Then make sure you are rotating your crops so you are not depleating any trace elements. All just tips to help out!!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I compost all year long. I have added some already and will again in the spring. the beds are small. I did it that way to make them easier to manage. rotating is a good idea, thank you

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm hoping to make some raised bed gardens when we get back to the states. Hopefully the base housing authority won't have a prob. w/ it. I like your fence idea; I think that's what we'll do also. Good Job!

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,674 Posts
My asparagus is up and my peach trees are starting to leaf out.
:D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D:
Early spring is the only time it is fun to garden in the desert.

·
Tough Chick
2,981 Posts
Im really getting the gardining bug...... another month
I can relate!

Thanks for the pics and I look forward to more! Love seeing what others are doing. It gives me ideas of what I can do.

This is only my second year having a garden at the house we live in now. It's interesting because there are a lot of trees so I really have to think carefully about where things will grow best. And, of course, experience is a great teacher.

·
Realistic
30 Posts
Tagfactor, I love it. Is that mulch or something else covering the ground? It is really clean and I am looking for something to do mine. Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.