Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what class you would add to the general ed curriculum of every school in America if all you could do is add a class?

What would you make our youth take? (examples:marksmanship,emergency preparedness, constitutional history, economics, intro to business, advanced butterfly catching, ect...)

·
المتخلف&
5,508 Posts
I would add a defense class involving proper use, care, and information regarding firearms, and instill a subject documenting how our country was overthrown by rich elites and turned into a hell hole before I overthrew it.

·
4 Fried Chickens & A Coke
2,679 Posts
Teach the constitution and American history, supposedly already taught in schools.

Have daily or at least 3x a week physical fitness classes. In high school, I only had 80 mins of PE class once every 6 days.

There's alot of good programs, courses, and clubs around for students today. Just not everyone takes advantage of them.

4H club you can learn about horticulture and farming.
Boy/girl scouts with camping, wilderness, activities ect
DECA club to learn about how small business works
Votech courses, learning about diyf repairs and a trade

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I would go with a common sense class. Or perhaps a class on logical thinking (which includes planning ahead).

Another class would be about the US Constitution, and how many ways it has been overrun by new laws.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Self-sufficiency class that involves instruction on preps, wilderness/urban survival, farming, gardening, firearms, CCW, edged weapons, defensive tactics, ground fighting, driving, boating, flying lessons, vehicle maintenance, etc. Everyone would have to take part in a Crucible which would be a simulated 3 Day bug out, field problem, emergency harvest or surviving a natural disaster.

Teach the sheep to roar.

Class is held first thing in the morning, every school day, and is a four year course.

·
Μολὼν λαβ
596 Posts
A two-part world history course:

1. The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire with a brief section on Constantinople's subsequent fall.

2. The Aftermath of WWI and the interwar years with a focus on economic factors and the hidden financing of political groups which led to their rise to power.

My students would understand what's happening TODAY.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts