Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on the Becker fixed blade knifes? I like the price and they are made in the USA. I was considering the companion in a 5" blade.
What do you think of this choice given the price is about $60- before shipping.
It would be for SHTF situation.
Thanks,
Charlie from MN

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the BK 7 and the companion. I like them very much. A bit too bulky foe skinning and fine jobs but it along with a Mora knife and my pack is set.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
I have a BK2. Im going to get a BK9.

Great choice. Go with it. The BK2 is 5.25 very nice great nife. I did a review of it here.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=43890

I also agree about the mora it is for fine work. I dont agree that its not good for skinning I do belive this is a great knife for that. I will be trying this out when it gets warmer weather. I will post it!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I like a 4" blade alone, or a 3"-4" blade if matched up with a 9" chopper blade or hatchet.

I have both a BK9 and a BK11 (Becker Necker) and they are both fine knives with good steel and grind angles.

You should have a Swiss Army knife in your pocket or a multi tool on your belt so you have tools even when you don't have your BOB with you. If you carry a BOB without hip belt then you can carry a fixed blade on your belt, otherwise need to put that fix blade somewhere else.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
Duct tape or parachord your multi-tool pouch onto the Becker's kydex sheath. Becker rules in survival knives. The thickness helps resist breakage during EXTREME use like prying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love them. Had a BK10 and lost it while boulder-hopping. It was a really good blade. I'll be replacing it with the BK7 very shortly. I do like the idea of carrying a larger and smaller blade set, it allows for a wider range of jobs to be tackled with relative ease.

·
(-.(-.-).-)
118 Posts
BK2 Campanion is a great knife! It is a very good for BOB. Heavy use knife, cuts, pry, chop, dig. I think it's especially made for survival situations, can do all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts