Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tree-hugger amongst you
313 Posts
I'm not sure what this thread is for, but here's the book summary:

Beat the System: A Way to Create More Human Environments
Ever wonder how culture determines nearly every aspect of the human condition? Not only does this book reveal the power of culture, but it also offers a practical, systematic approach to creating supportive community and organizational cultures. Beat the System provides a cultural analysis of a broad range of concerns from environmental care, to violence, to education, to the vitality of families. This book reveals how cultural obstacles prevent us from achieving lasting and desired change. Five case studies illustrate the Normative Systems Culture Change Process as it has been applied to juvenile delinquency, migrancy, litter and bureaucracy. Appendices include a listing of more than 100 culture change project applications as well as a "Cultural Norm Indicator for Families" and a "Cultural Norm Indicator for Organizations." 294 pages.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beat the System: A Way to Create More Human Environments

Been quite a while since I read it- Great find on the description you sent- I didn't look that far down this morn when finding it on Amazon. I've got some Anthropology background so have lots of great things on "learning from other cultures" and thought that Alduous Huxleys book ISLAND should have been as well rated as his Brave New World or Skinners Walden II- What are your related ranges of interest? Thanx, Greg S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.