Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bears are out in force
this little guy 300lb Was standing at my back door this morning .
I slid the door open and he took off like a rocket .
I wish they would put the trash back in the can after they are done eating .
I’m sure he will be back tonight

·
Born 120 years too late.
5,283 Posts
EVERY NOW and then I find scat where they crossed the back of the property but they don't stick around because of the dogs.
IF I want to see black bears I can go to my buddys place in the UP, sit on the porch and watch them walk through the yard about 20 feet away... just passing through.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the bears sneaking around every time I fire up the egg , I think I have a mother with Cubs here allso I’m finding small paw prints .
The bear in the tree had 2 brothers in the trees with him I just can’t find the pic .

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see bears all the time and can judge there weight with in 20 pounds or so .
It’s not usual to see a few different bears in a week plus the fellas that hang around my house . I get more bear in the yard then deer .

·
Registered
55 Posts
The head of the group in the states I have worked with sent me this photograph today. It from security camera of him shooting bear in garbage last night with rubber bullet.

·
Registered
317 Posts
A fella on another Forum posted this...said it walked through his yard at 7:00am today.....look at those meat hooks...

Reactions: drobs

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I reall don’t want to shoot at them , but they can be pesky .
When I had 3 dogs they would chase the bears off , I’m down to 1 big poodle now
he is a big boy 65lb but no match for a bear he just wants to play .
we put the tastiest food scraps in the freezer and run them out when the garbage truck is on the road .
They make a mess But it mostly just papers .
Here is today bear this guy is bigger

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
7,982 Posts
Karelin Bear Dogs(Finland; they look like a 100 Lb Border Collie)have been adapted by Rangers in America for bear control...they have no fear and are used,with rubber bullets, for captive release...someone opens the transport cage,the bear is shot with rubber bullets in the butt and the Karelin is loosed...bears feet never touch the ground...first time I saw it,with a griz in Montana,I thought,Im about to see a dog eaten...not a chance...those things are awesome..as much as I love Shepherds,If I lived w bears,Id have a Karelin

1 - 20 of 51 Posts