Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seed catalogs about with descriptions of 'delicious' this and 'tasty' that, but what are the best beans to grow in your experience/opinion? I'm especially interested in beans for dry storage, not just strings or limas.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Browsercat: There is not ONE bean that is better then any other. Get a variety of 3 or more. Each bean has it's own flavor. Each bean can be appreciated on its own.

I like black beans and red beans and lima (big daddy and baby) beans and I like appaloosa beans and I like black eyed peas and I like I like ilike...........

Don't stick to one bean....BOOOOOORRRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pinto beans are the best bean if you want variety with less space. Why? You say, cuz you can add all kind of spices to them to give them a different flavors. From bbq to chicken or beef bouillon cubes, or my favor spice is cajun spices. But a variety of beans is always a good idea so you won't get burnt out on any one kind.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Pinto beans are very easy to prepare and can be prepared many different ways.

My kids like to mash em up and smother them in ketchup....

I prefer them with onions and cornbread.

You can also mix beans for a different taste. I would suggest you buy the beans individually and mix them yourself though as the stores charge extra for that....lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.