Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Preparing...
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody been watching the BBC drama called survivors.

I have found it very interesting.
Basically it is based on a few people in England who have survived a flu epedemic. They go around picking up supplies and meeting people.

I was wondering how realistic this would be in a real life situation, there are many other programmes and films like this but just how realistic are they?
are people portraying a false image of what these disasters would be like.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, me and the Wife have been watching it...
Seems really good but I`d have gone medieval on the attempted rapists last week.

In all seriousness, I reckon it`d be something like that - arseholes comandeering local supermarkets, no law & order, a handful of government left who keep the best for themselves but still dont know how to run the country !!

I keep expecting Zombies to jump out from somewhere...

·
Registered
199 Posts
while being a very entertaining show some of the characters are just plain annoying and you would end up leaving them after the "supposed" weeks they have been living in that house.

the line that cracked me last night up was when the new british government comes with their guns and takes their doctor woman away so nahjeed the muslim boy goes "cant we just say sorry" like it would actually work :rolleyes:

other than nahjeeds stupidity, abbys faith in humanity and the fact that her son manages to survive while pretty much everyone elses loved ones die then yes the show is amazing

reccomended to everyone :D:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ive enjoyed it so far, the series has defiantly shown the difference between the prepared and unprepared. It also shows how even if you have all the supplies and knowledge yet no way to secure it your still in trouble. Personally after the first run in with the group claiming the town by force I would have found some way to protect myself if they came back. Also shows how if you have a plan to bug out stick to the plan, when a disaster happens you are more susceptible to poor thinking and throwing a plan out the window could be a fatal mistake.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like it it's pretty entertaining yet a bit silly at times. Like some goony guy threatening you with a 16 or 20 gauge double barrel? and lets you go? Well He obviously hasn't been to the nearest police or military barracks or even a airport.... bet you'd find something that beats that shotgun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.