Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Heard this on Glenn Beck yesterday. Scary aint it, told the wife we need to get more gold n silver asap.
That's not what he suggested exactly. In a depressed market, Gold/Silver can actually drop. Considering everyone else is likely to flee INTO U.S. treasuries (because as bad off as we are, everywhere else is worse), that would push PM prices even further down.

He said you could make money if you were prepared, but I heard no mention of PMs whatsoever.

·
Liberty or Death!
679 Posts
Scary, yeah. I'll take it with a grain of salt though, too many naysayers these days to know which one isn't a nut job. However I do need a little "bump in my preps so maybe I'll step it up a bit this weekend. The stock market is very unstable lately with large drops and recoveries days later, it seems to hang a lot on the failing euro so hoax or not it can't hurt to prepare. In times like these preparing is one of the few things that actually makes any sense anymore.

·
Forum Administrator
16,790 Posts
I thought everyone knew banks ran the world

·
Blessed
648 Posts
I've been feeling the need to step up my preps also. Just a gut feeling. Taking the grand girl to school, mom to the dr. and then we are heading to the grocery store.

Suzanne

·
-------Look, I'm grey---^
405 Posts
Hoax. A good one but a hoax.
Hoax? What part? That Goldman Sachs runs the world? Well that's true, how many of them are in political offices now.

People need to prepare? Well yeah!

Is the stock market going to crash? Could, might not, but many still don't have jobs since industries shipped over to China.

Don't think he said anything that isn't true and we don't already know about, but is it a hoax? Don't know what part would be a hoax.

Don't know about the guys credentials and don't care because he said nothing we didn't already know.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Hoax. A good one but a hoax.
The BBC launched an additional investigation after the interview and hundreds of online sites have followed up.

All indications point to this being a real trader being more candid than most. And it's true. There's plenty of money to be made in a down market if you know what you're looking for. Wild swings allow for large daily profits. In the past it might take days or weeks to make the kind of money some traders are making hourly now.

Volatility is risky, but there is a lot of money to be made by those with large enough portfolios and savvy skills.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts