Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Realist
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have reusable cloth diapers with the waterproof outer layer and little snaps that allow them to be adjusted from infant to toddler. They are not that convenient and we use disposable diapers instead. Once the kids don't need themI think I will keep them around as a potential bartering item.

Under any circumstance babies are going to need diapers, if the logistics of stocking the shelves at Walmart collapse parents will want some sort of diaper. Once upon a time kids didn't have plastic pants but culturally we expect to have our houses free of baby droppings. Since most people with kids use disposable and those that use cloth already have a kid who needs them, there will be a very large discrepancy between supply and demand.

They aren't as exciting as guns, knives and bullets, but I think the chances of survival go up when the incidence of excitement go down.

Insert potty humor here, but what do you think and what other items are people overlooking?

·
Registered
565 Posts
If it ever becomes impossible to get them from the store you will be a popular person. We got rid of our bum genius types, but I plan to always hang on to the prefolds since they are so useful.

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,628 Posts
I think that's a well thought out barter item. While everyone else is trying to trade cigarettes and booze to each other, you'll have a line waiting to trade with you!

·
Your move Sparky...
7,782 Posts
It's a good idea. The sad thing is though that if someone is going to be struggling to find diapers, then that same human is probably not going to be prepared with food either.

I feel for the children a real situation would harm...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts