Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just so happened to be in the right place at the right time today.

I had some old gun parts for rifles I no longer have and took them to a local dealer to sell. I paid 50 dollars for them 2 years ago. Because of the recent rise in demand for these things the value for these parts has jumped and I sold everything for 200.

I was pretty happy with myself and was about to leave when a fellow asked if I wanted to purchase a shotgun.

This guy had found an AK for sale somewhere and he was selling his shotgun to help pay for the rifle. I think he said it was a WASR 10 and they "ONLY" wanted 899 for it.

Well he offers to sell his shotgun to me for 300. I only had 226 on me and he basically jumped on it and agreed to the deal. I counted out the money (everything I had on me) and ended up rummaging through the seats for enough quarters to pay for gas to get home.

I was a little worried about the price being so good and the possibility of the gun being hot but he whipped out his original receipt and drivers license, etc to basically set my mind at ease.

The shotgun is a Mossberg 590 Marine Magnum.

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/118120000/118120945/pix2141757437.jpg

The shotgun is used, but only about a year old and the original owner says it has only been fired maybe 20 times. From the looks of it I believe him. If he had cleaned it up Im sure he could have passed it off as new or nearly new.

I feel a little bad about it all but this but have to remind myself that this guy was really desperate to get an "assault weapon" before they were banned and if I hadn't given him 226 for it he would have eventually sold it for even less.

At any rate I hope he is happy with his AK, because i sure am happy with my Shotgun.

·
531 Posts
Very nice. Very rarely does that kind of "right place, right time" thing happen to me. If it did, I probably wouldn't have the money anyways.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice. Very rarely does that kind of "right place, right time" thing happen to me. If it did, I probably wouldn't have the money anyways.

My family always gets on to me about finding deals like this.

My Dad used to say I was part Jew.... Not sure if he meant that as a complement or not....

Two years ago I bartered something I had nothing tied up in and 100 dollars for an M1 Garand, and single shot 22 (brand new BTW), a Bayonet (which I ended up selling for 240 dollars) and a few other odds and ends.

The guy who traded with me was so happy with the trade that he has offered to trade several more times...

·
531 Posts
I can wheel and deal at the car lot. I scrounge to find the lowest possible price online when I buy stuff, but that kind of thing you've been able to pull off doesn't seem to be in the cards for me. Who knows, maybe it will eventually.

Still a hell of a find man, congrats again. :thumb:

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can wheel and deal at the car lot. I scrounge to find the lowest possible price online when I buy stuff, but that kind of thing you've been able to pull off doesn't seem to be in the cards for me. Who knows, maybe it will eventually.

Still a hell of a find man, congrats again. :thumb:

My mom took me with her when she got a used car 4 years ago.

We found a good car for her and the guy wanted 2900 for it. I got him down to 1600 and he paid the title fees and all the other add on fees.

She has had that car for 4 years now, and other than changing the oil and getting it tuned up twice has never had to have any work done.

Yesterday I helped my brother get a truck for 450 dollars. Too early to tell how it works out but if it lasts a year it will have been worth it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
a little over 15 years ago i was working as a pizza delivery driver and made a delivery to a house where the occupants were throwing thier stuff into u-haul, when i came to the door they paid for the pizza and then asked me if i was interested in a couple items, one was a VCR and the other was a mossburg 500 A security 12ga shotgun, said let think of it and went and made another delivery. on the way back to the shop i stopped back there and said i would buy them if they were not HOT, the guy went in back and produced a reciept and I.D. and said they were being kick out and needed the money more than the items. so i bought the gun for 100$ and the VCR for 20 after talking them down. the gun works great, the VCR, well it died after a few years of use.;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
A friend of mine wanted my Taurus .357 Mag so he traded me his Honda Enduro for it. 3 years old. I didn't ride so I sold the bike for $600 and bought some Cambridge Soundworks speakers for my apartment. 20 years later I still have them and they are used daily. $200 gun = $600 speakers! Then I bought a Glock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts